Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New member - GM3 user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welcome to the forum.
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing some of your finds.
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing some of your finds.
Hey, thanks everyone.  Sorry for the delay - I've been busy with some contractors and projects at my day job.

My first meteorite was found May 21, 2004 while detecting at a site called Franconia (south of Kingman, Arizona).  I have found at least one meteorite each year since then, which is my long term goal.  Most of the places I have recovered meteorites require a detector.  I'll try to upload some pics for you.

I've marked it here.
WTG minador!! I wish I knew what I was doing per meteorites because I swear I find them out in the deep woods sometimes, little tiny things that ring up as nickel! But there's so much iron around these parts I can't tell. Got any secrets? And good to see you back!!!

Ed
---
The last pic shows this original stone, along with the largest I found in the area, 439g.

After making the first 4 finds (2 the first day, and 2 more at the same area 8 days later), I felt like I was walking on air for about a month!  Finding a meteorite was always a dream that I didn't think I would have the opportunity to do.

Happy hunting everyone!

Mark

Thanks Ed.  Here is a site that shows some basic tests.  They appear to be given in order of simplicity.  If your finds pass each test, keep going in order.  http://meteorite-identification.com/streak.html

Unfortunately, about 1 in a thousand ends up being a meteorite.  But it's fun to keep at it.  Most places won't analyze your finds if you don't do basic tests yourself.

If you're ever headed out west, maybe I can let you know of a strewn field near by your destination.

Good luck!

~Minador
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's