Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: WOW-- Another Monster hunk of gold!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ron,
Congats once again!
Can you tell from the site, and the layout of old tailings etc.if the gold rush miners actually worked the ground where the nugget was found, and lost it. Was it too large for their classifying system and slipped through their long tom or sluice?
Or was the ground virgin and unworked by them?
Caprock
After this season, here's how Ron is going to look when he's not detecting...

Joe
I think i would most definitely have one of those larger nugs hanging on a chain.
not only would it make an awesome necklace.
but the fact that it was a self dug gold nugget. now that is one hell of a story piece
and a sweet personal collectible...

if anyone spots a crazy biker speeding down the road heading westward with a
detector sticking out his saddle bag. burning up the road running faster than a speeding ticket .
you know where im heading ...
Absolutely killer dude!!!So happy for both you guys, hope they keep coming for you!!
(08-21-2014 10:29 PM)caprock Wrote: [ -> ]Ron,
Congats once again!
Can you tell from the site, and the layout of old tailings etc.if the gold rush miners actually worked the ground where the nugget was found, and lost it. Was it too large for their classifying system and slipped through their long tom or sluice?
Or was the ground virgin and unworked by them?
Caprock

They were working the area.  Just didn't find it all.

This nugget was never found until I popped it out.  The other 20+ siblings told me so!! Happy
Thanks Ron,
That's incredible, It just demonstrates that the 49ers were not nearly as efficient  as is commonly believed, and that there is no telling how gold still remains in the foothills. Judging from your recent finds-probably alot!
(08-20-2014 09:06 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]where did you say that spot was again, think i missed it ....  JK   Happy

35.027185, -111.022388

It was pretty deep !

I forgot to cover my hole!
Did you guys make another video last night??
(08-23-2014 02:07 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2014 09:06 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]where did you say that spot was again, think i missed it ....  JK   Happy

35.027185, -111.022388

It was pretty deep !

I forgot to cover my hole!

you know rule number one is to cover your holes and leave no trace.
you might wanna go back and cover that one.
you can see it from the moon ...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's