Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: WOW-- Another Monster hunk of gold!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You gotta love this hobby!!

Damn that is really nice.  You guys are killing it in that spot.

Had to come back and take another look.  I was speechless to say the least and forgot to say congrats.  WOW!!!!!!!!!
SWEET ... !!! that is an unbelievable find.
i couldn`t imagine the feeling of pulling a monster chuck of yellow like that
very nice indeed ... Happy
Wow!!!  You guys are gonna be rich.  California here we come.  Move west young man.
I'm with Will!! Congrats you guys!! Man ohhhh Manischewitz, another whopper!!!!
And as untouched nuggets they're worth more to collectors! You guys are burning up the bandwidth. It's going to be another gold rush in California!

Ed
Congrats to the Golden Boys !!!!! Enjoy watching your video's.
I see this in the near future.
http://www.metaldetector-rj.com/content/...-2007-2011
[attachment=2840]
Funny you post that article.  It was a scam and the landowner was actually trying to sell/develop his land.  A guy in Australia later stepped up as said he found that nugget in Australia 

part of an article:

On June 4, a Melbourne prospector named Murray Cox came forward after seeing a photo of the Washington nugget in a mining magazine, and claimed that it is actually the Orange Roughie nugget (for its fish-like shape), which he discovered in Australia and sold in 1989. He provided a Stockton TV station with a 1987 newspaper article from the Melbourne Herald Sun detailing the find. In side-by-side photographs of the two nuggets, they appear to be identical; they also match in weight.
(Of some further suspicion is the fact that after the original “discovery,” a website appeared seeking investors to help develop a commercial mining operation called the Lost Scotchman Mine on the 180-acre property. The nugget was prominently displayed, with the suggestion that it might be just the "tip of the iceberg." The property is landlocked, and federal court documents show that Grill has been involved in a long-running legal battle with the United States Forest Service to gain road access.)
At first, Reno auctioneer Fred Holabird – who handled the sale of the Washington nugget – stood by its authenticity. Now he says, “I got taken as bad as anyone,” although he expressed surprised that no one recognized it while it was on public display for three months prior to the auction. He’s still willing to pay for scientific testing that’ll definitively verify the nugget's origin but hopes to avoid the expense and effort by encouraging Grill to come clean.
How the buyer will take all this is unknown at the moment. Holabird said he has contacted the Irvine-based Spectrum Group International, a precious metals broker that represented the anonymous buyer, but he has not yet heard back from the company. Legal wrangles are almost certain to ensue.
Ron, ANOTHER nug?!?! Jesus! I thought this post was the other nugget when I saw it. I can't even keep up with all the gold you guys are finding, lol. I'm not one who normally thinks about the value of finds, but, YOWZER, y'all have done VERY well this season!!! It's mind boggling actually Yes

Joe
Excellent!

Makes a guy wanna move out there for the winter just to try his luck! lol
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's