Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Frustration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's fresh drop season on the beach and I haven't hunted in a month and it will be months before I can hunt again because of recent surgery. What makes it even more frustrating is I" be able to swing long before I can dig.  All I can do now is watch others on the beach cam and yell at the computer to slow their swing, slow their walk, move down the beach where the sand has been pulled out, and for crying out loud, don't swing it like a golf club. 

Don't get frustrated.  Read anything and everything you can on the kind of detecting you do. Even if the book is downright awful, if you come away with just one sentence that makes sense it could mean the difference between being frustrated or being the guy finding the good stuff. I use to be happy if I found a buck in change and some junk jewelry. I came across Clive Clynick's books on the Excalibur and immediately changed everything. I now consistently find the good stuff.  I bought a book on the CTX which has quite a bit of contradictions in it. Not a total waste of money.  There were only two sentences in the book that made a difference of how I was using the detector, enough that I dug deep gold I would have walked past.

Hang in there, it gets better with time.

As a dirt digger I stink. As a beach hunter I do rather well compared to the majority of those in my area. I had a short season last year because of a hernia operation in the spring and a shoulder replacement in the early Oct.  I still came away with 9 pieces of gold. This year was a late start because of the shoulder and an early ending in July. I came away with five pieces of gold.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's