Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Update Time!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok its been a while since I've posted my finds on here mostly because i haven't been finding much but within the last two weeks i have had some luck. 

Ill start with my neighbours' 1860s shingle mill site where i finally found my first large cent from that area after 5 years of detecting. Its a shame bout the scratch on the back but it was there prior to me digging it up. At the same spot i noticed a small depression in the ground so i started digging and at 5feet down i cam across a huge barrel. The only problem is that the water table is at 3feet in that area and the hole keeps filling up like a well much like oak island. I was able to pull the barrel out and I'm going to make a side table out of it.

Next on the list is my iron finds. Ive been spending hours cleaning them up and they're turning out really nice. There  are 1800s rail car pins to hold the cars together with the coupler too. Also is a scythe blade found in the river. It says Austria TIP-TOP. I have also cleaned up my 1800s axe heads both found in the river and lastly the removable point to a horse drawn plough. There is still a whole box left to clean and I'm only showing you guys the more interesting bits.

Next are my pocket watch and bell. This is my fourth crotel bell and first watch. Its too bad its the cheapest watch money could buy back in the day but I'm still happy to have found it in such good condition.  

Lastly here are some of the nicer bottles I've come across in my travels and some heartbreakers. 

Hope you all enjoy looking! 
HH

sorry the pictures got totally jumbled in the wrong order guys i tried to add them in the right order but something obviously went wrong.
I love it all!  That barrel wood is freaking awesome.  Please post a pic when you make that table, I think that is going to turn out really cool.  I've found a couple of watches, they never, ever, have hands left.  I don't care if it's a cheap watch, the fact that's it's in that good of shape is amazing.  Thanks for sharing.
nice bunch of finds there.
those axe heads came out very nice, great display pieces.
cool idea using the old barrel wood for a table, that should look real good.
very nice hunt ...

BONES ...
Love the ginger beers and blob top!!!! Id be diggin like a mofo.!!
Great post--thanks for sharing those very cool finds!
Whoa Eric!! Whole bunch of real nice finds. Love that penny even with the existing nick. That one crock bottle is fabulous. Would love to see that table you build too.

Ed

ps... nice job on the pictures!
Wow, VERY impressive collection of finds! Glad to see you back & posting again Yes

Joe
Thanks guys ill deffinatly post a picture of the barrel table. I don't know weather to do new barrel bands on the outside or to hide the construction on the inside. Also unsure if i should go with a wooden or glass top. Any ideas or prefferances?
Sounds like you have quite a creative eye, so i think anything you come up with
will be superb ...
just a thought ...
maybe do a glass top and under the glass in the center have some of your finds
displayed .. that would make a sweet display table for some of your iron . 

look forward to seeing what you come up  with ...

BONES ...
Sweet relics.  Good luck with the table.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's