Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Brass cook lid - odd wedge shaped brass object.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out for a few minutes today.
managed to pull up a small brass/copper lid, possibly to a cooking pot.
and an odd wedge shaped object. weighs 9oz, pretty heavy for it`s size.
there are no hammer marks on the flat end to indicate it was used as a tool.
it appears to be filled with another metal . possibly thick brass over iron.  .

[attachment=2912][attachment=2913][attachment=2914][attachment=2915][attachment=2916][attachment=2917]
(08-23-2014 07:28 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice. I bet that signal about blew your ears off, huh? Lol. How do you get all these bigger pieces you've posted all the way back to the house? Do you set them aide and carry them in a laundry bag or something at the end of the hunt?

Joe

ears are still ringing ...
if i pull any iron heading in ,we set the larger iron objects next to trees and grab them on the trip out. i usually only pull a couple iron pieces per day just before heading out. there is so much iron its crazy .
(08-23-2014 09:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014 08:43 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014 07:28 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice. I bet that signal about blew your ears off, huh? Lol. How do you get all these bigger pieces you've posted all the way back to the house? Do you set them aide and carry them in a laundry bag or something at the end of the hunt?

Joe

if i pull any iron heading in ,we set the larger iron objects next to trees and grab them on the trip out. i usually only pull a couple iron pieces per day just before heading out. there is so much iron its crazy .
i don`t just mean a nail every few feet, there are 1000`s of iron objects  in  a very small zone, some pieces are extremely large. but there are great targets there too.

i opened the iron, and dropped the sensitivity and threshold i hear the iron a little that way but the Etrac is nott nulling out,  the nulling was driving me nuts. keeping it in multi tone and checking id only on a good tone. seems to be helping run between the iron a bit better. 
does that sound right, or am i hunting backwards in the backwoods. .

(08-23-2014 08:43 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

i don`t just mean a nail every few feet, there are 1000`s of iron objects  in  a very small zone, some pieces are extremely large. but there are great targets there too.

i opened the iron, and dropped the sensitivity and threshold i hear the iron a little that way but the Etrac is nott nulling out,  the nulling was driving me nuts. keeping it in multi tone and checking id only on a good tone. seems to be helping run between the iron a bit better. 
does that sound right, or am i hunting backwards in the backwoods. .

A lot of guys that hunt in heavy iron tend to use TTF (two tone ferrous). Some swear by it, others hate it. The plus is, listening to the many Minelab tones PLUS all of the iron for hours on end can become maddening, so, TTF simplifies things. Whenever you hear a high tone squeal between the trash, you dig it. Dig or not dig. High tone, low tone. Real easy. Especially in a high trash spot. Again...

It's not for everybody, but, try it and see what happens Happy

Joe

Thank you, i had played with the TTF before, ill go back out and swing with it .
that did make it easy .
Reference URL's