Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What a Pull!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
that buckle is bad ass.
(08-23-2014 09:08 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Man i tell you what, i would love to get back home to England with my Etrac .
i see those guys pulling up some unbelievable several 1000 year old relics daily.
that buckle is bad ass. it has a double sided nipple plus the buckle very unusual.

as stated it seems like some kind of quick release buckle,
the buckle side for adjusting length of the strap, the double nipples for quick release.
just my thoughts ...

Hahaha, love it, Bones! Are you in a cycle club in Fl. too? I had the pleasure of meeting Chuck Zito years ago. He was with the Angels, and eventually wound up consolidating his original club (the Chingalings) in with the Angels. I've read up a lot on Sonny Barger. You'd find it interesting.

We can't touch England, in terms of their finds. Their history just blows ours out of the water. Here, it's mainly a hobby thing. There, a serious, dedicated hunter with prime spots has the opportunity of striking the big one! I'd love to go myself, one day. It's on my bucket list. Though, not sure if it would be a good idea, as returning home and finding an 80 year old coin just wouldn't be quite as thrilling after swinging over there, lol.

Joe
(08-23-2014 09:30 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014 09:08 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Man i tell you what, i would love to get back home to England with my Etrac .
i see those guys pulling up some unbelievable several 1000 year old relics daily.
that buckle is bad ass. it has a double sided nipple plus the buckle very unusual.

the buckle side for adjusting length of the strap, the double nipples for quick release.
just my thoughts ...

Hahaha, love it, Bones! Are you in a cycle club in Fl. too? I had the pleasure of meeting Chuck Zito years ago. He was with the Angels, and eventually wound up consolidating his original club (the Chingalings) in with the Angels. I've read up a lot on Sonny Barger. You'd find it interesting.

We can't touch England, in terms of their finds. Their history just blows ours out of the water. Here, it's mainly a hobby thing. There, a serious, dedicated hunter with prime spots has the opportunity of striking the big one! I'd love to go myself, one day. It's on my bucket list. Though, not sure if it would be a good idea, as returning home and finding an 80 year old coin just wouldn't be quite as thrilling after swinging over there, lol.

Joe

pulled the vest pic so the post was on target, but glad you got to peek at it.
more of a heritage patch than a club patch. i ride alone. .

ok Joe. go ahead and laugh, but i still get excited digging a wheaty Happy 

true older finds are few and far between for us. and are always exciting to pull up, our civil war or colonial relics may not be as old, but are equally as special to us and equally important historical pieces as their older relics are to them.
(08-23-2014 09:46 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2014 09:30 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

just my thoughts ...

Joe

pulled the vest pic so the post was on target, but glad you got to peek at it.
more of a heritage patch than a club patch. i ride alone. .

ok Joe. go ahead and laugh, but i still get excited digging a wheaty Happy 

true older finds are few and far between for us. and are always exciting to pull up, our civil war or colonial relics may not be as old, but are equally as special to us and equally important historical pieces as their older relics are to them.

Why would I laugh, wheats ARE technically 'old', but, not sure the excitement is still there pulling one up, for me. If anything, I use the wheats as guide stones to measure how many silvers are around. It's generally a 10 to 1 ratio here. Pull 10 wheats and you'll pop a silver. It's not an exact science, but, rather a pretty accurate guide that's proven reliable in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled digging a seated, an Indian head, even a merc. I feel as though I'm rescuing a small piece of history. However, finding a 200 year old coin & a 2,000 year old coin or relic is an entirely different rush, that I can't even comprehend, and can only imagine at this point.

Joe
Reference URL's