Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: SIlver #20, a ring, & more clad!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well good news comes in pairs on my third trip out this week. Been real busy at work and the heat Wednesday and Thursday turned me away. Another Boy Scout neckerchief clasp, a 1966 40%ter Kennedy in the middle of a patch of woods, a small .925 ring with two hands mending a broken heart, and a 1945 wheat with the mint lustre still intact on the obverse. The reverse has some kind pine tar or something on it. Cleaning it sometime later.

Enjoy and Good Luck and Happy Hunting to all you guys!!!

Ed

ps... That disc with the #53 on it is a tree tag. The foresters in the Metroparks mark the trees with these tags all over the place. This is one that either somebody pulled off a tree or came off after a tree fell. Beats me why but I think it may be to watch growth or for a survey of tree variety over time.
Nice job Ed!  Sweet '66 Kennedy half!
No heat here, snow fell on the mountain tops last night.  60 was the high. 
Weird weather!
Ed, I have ONE half in the past two years, not easy suckers to find! Superb! I don't find as many slides as I used to, but, I always loved pulling them up. I haven't been out on an all-day hunt in about and week & a half, due to the deplorable ground conditions. Saving my energy for the coming fall.

Joe
(08-23-2014 10:21 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job Ed!  Sweet '66 Kennedy half!
No heat here, snow fell on the mountain tops last night.  60 was the high. 
Weird weather!

Thanks SLC! You can keep the snow but I'll take 60 any day of the week!! Today was gorgeous! Mid 70's and steady wind gusts to 15 mph from the NE. Toward evening I had to don a sweatshirt.

Ed
wow, nice haul, the 66 Kennedy had to be a nice surprise, i don`t find many of them in the dirt . those boy scouts are everywhere. i pulled up the old scout knife yesterday or the day before, and now you pull up the neckerchief . 
may be able to date it on their site they started back in 1910.
LOL love the ring. check this out ... one of my beach finds a couple months ago .
too funny ...
[attachment=2924]
(08-23-2014 10:35 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, I have ONE half in the past two years, not easy suckers to find! Superb! I don't find as many slides as I used to, but, I always loved pulling them up. I haven't been out on an all-day hunt in about and week & a half, due to the deplorable ground conditions. Saving my energy for the coming fall.

Joe

Joe,

I'm piling up those neckerchief clasps this year. They blow my ears out at VID 6-27.
I was only out for about 5 hours today.
Talk about luck on that half. Middle of a good sized patch of woods and I'm getting a strong 1-29 with gobs of tone. I'm saying to myself, "Shit, another steel can aluminum top!", but the angel on my right shoulder says, "DON'T listen to him, dig the signal." And I was surprised to say the least when I saw the eagle and the stars bristling through the dirt. I've dug plenty of Kennedy clads over the years but this is my first silver one and even though it's a 40%ter I'm one happy camper!

Ed

(08-23-2014 10:46 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]wow, nice haul, the 66 Kennedy had to be a nice surprise, i don`t find many of them in the dirt . those boy scouts are everywhere. i pulled up the old scout knife yesterday or the day before, and now you pull up the neckerchief . 
may be able to date it on their site they started back in 1910.
LOL love the ring. check this out ... one of my beach finds a couple months ago .
too funny ...

BONES! LOL!!! Those damn rings are everywhere I swear. They are Claddagh Irish love, loyalty and friendship rings. That's about the 6th one I've found with a similar design. I've one studded with some real reflective tiny natural stones and it glistens so much that my wife now owns it and wears it all the time.

Ed
Happy another mystery solved, ... i was wondering what that rings symbol meant. 
nice job again on the 66 & 925. 

BONES ..
Nice half,been a few years since i found a 40%er. Congrats! I had a very good weekend.
Great finds Ed.  That's a beautiful half.  Looks like your Claddagh ring is missing something.
(08-24-2014 08:45 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Great finds Ed.  That's a beautiful half.  Looks like your Claddagh ring is missing something.
It doesn't have a crown! It's a close one though!
Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's