Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 Day Junk Pile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't often post all the junk I find and except for tossing some of the aluminum cans in the recycle bins at the parks this is about three days (10 hrs total) of junk. So you can see I cherry pick a great deal as a lot of guys dig everything and it's just not my habit anymore. I do go to great lengths to also clean up the places I go to. Plastic bottles and broken beer bottle bottoms are some of the things I remove while detecting. Those aluminum tops to steel beer cans are usually all over the woods and I sometimes tire of digging them but feel that I'm there so why not. (That was a brilliant engineering idea, steel and aluminum with beer as a mixer, guess they were trying to make batteries.) I also keep a small 2 gallon pail in the truck and save all the copper and brass I find for scrap $.

So being rejected because of permissions or because you found this kind of junk all day is just part of the territory of detecting. That 66 Kennedy rang up just like one of those damn aluminum/steel beer can tops. You never know!

HH out there!

Ed
Junk !!! that`s a good Callaway Golf ball, just gotta dig up the club the guy threw in the woods when he missed that shot and your good to go.

its crazy the amount of garbage that collects everywhere under us over the years.
That looks like a normal half hour diggin for me.  You are a cherry picker.
Ed, I dug probably triple the amount of junk in the pic today, in about two hours time...you're a lightweight! Lol Tongue In all seriousness, I too ventured off into the woods today, and the place was LITTERED with millions of broken pieces of cast iron all over the place. And they sounded GOOD Sad I think the municipalities should add us on their payrolls since we help clean up so much crapola!

Joe
I been keeping all my trash this year that I've dug on the beach.  It paid off when the state of MA was going to stop metal detecting on MA owned ocean beaches. Some of us submitted our trash finds.  Mine I'm sure was a big help as it included a lot of live 50 cal bullets as well as fish hooks, glass, screws, sharp wire, tent stakes, etc. It would be hard for the state to ignore the fact that most of us, not all, are an asset to keeping the beaches safer.
(08-25-2014 08:20 AM)seaweednh Wrote: [ -> ]I been keeping all my trash this year that I've dug on the beach.  It paid off when the state of MA was going to stop metal detecting on MA owned ocean beaches. Some of us submitted our trash finds.  Mine I'm sure was a big help as it included a lot of live 50 cal bullets as well as fish hooks, glass, screws, sharp wire, tent stakes, etc. It would be hard for the state to ignore the fact that most of us, not all, are an asset to keeping the beaches safer.

seeweednh,

That's a real good thought! I was searching under water stream cracks two years ago at an off limits to swimming area but used constantly for that purpose by all the local kids when a pile of high school kids showed up to go swimming. This one girl wasn't in the water five minutes when she stepped on a broken brown beer bottle bottom and cut her foot from heel to toe so bad that they had to call an ambulance to stop the bleeding and get her to the hospital. Needless to say that even a good pair of water shoes may not have helped. And in lead weights alone I turned in over 100# to the scrap dealer. So there's an environmental aspect too. Glad you brought this aspect out further. Thanks!

Ed
Reference URL's