Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Dubbayou T F
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and Og  went on a dirtfishin adventure today.  Went to a new spot on the other side of town.  I took the T2 thinking I would want to dig a lot of mid tone stuff looking for relics.  I also wanted to dig iron.  The problem I found was that the whole place was so loaded with foil, pulltabs, and bottle caps.  It has obviously been cherry picked to death too, because I only dug one coin and I had to move a big rock and detect under to find that one.  It was a 1975 memorial and Og lost it.  My only coin of the day and he lost it.  Dubbayou T F.  Once I realized the place was polluted with modern trash it didn't take long for me to start ignoring just about everything.  I really want to get back there with the TDI and do some real relic hunting.  PI loves iron and can easily differentiates it from pulltabs and foil.  I will still dig high coins and of course screw caps.  Can't avoid those.  I did dig a couple pieces of lead.  One is obviously a fired bullet that looks like it may have killed something and the other piece I don't know what it is.  My best finds were an old rusty pair of scissors and some iron thing.  I think it might be the bottom of a bench leg or something like that.  Found a geocache hidden in an old stone wall too.
Don't hold it against Og, it's only a stinkin memorial! Lol. Nice iron pieces. What was the geocache you dug? The sneaker?

Joe
(08-24-2014 11:18 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Don't hold it against Og, it's only a stinkin memorial! Lol. Nice iron pieces. What was the geocache you dug? The sneaker?

Joe

I ain't mad Joe.  If I'm ever worried about a memorial penny please slap me upside the head.  The cache was in a plastic bottle stuck in a hole in the side of a big old stone wall.  It had all kinds of little trinkets in it and a journal list signed by all who found it.  We didn't sign it.  That little boot pin was actually laying on the ground right under where the cache was.  It was very dirty and couldn't read it until I cleaned it off.  Then I knew for sure that someone dropped it from the bottle
those two spent balls are nice, makes you wonder what they hit when you find them like that..
not sure as it is not cleaned yet so hard to tell, but that one odd shaped piece of iron has the shape of a vintage wood planer ... maybe missing the hand ball . 
just a wild guess ...
nice finds over all. great hunt .

BONES ...
(08-25-2014 12:02 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]those two spent balls are nice, makes you wonder what they hit when you find them like that..
not sure as it is not cleaned yet so hard to tell, but that one odd shaped piece of iron has the shape of a vintage wood planer ... maybe missing the hand ball . 
just a wild guess ...
nice finds over all. great hunt .

BONES ...

Will,

Nice hunt. That rusty thing next to the scissors was bothering me but I'm pretty sure BONES hit it. I dig iron too when I find it but it's mostly nails, agricultural and automotive parts. And it's usually only in certain areas, not spread out all over. The slag, as you know, is also a bugger.

Interesting that you found a geocache. I've found them too and some are really hidden and some are not. Decent hobby for kids. Let us know how that TDI works out over there.

Ed
I just put the scissors and iron planer maybe thing in hot vinegar.  We'll see how that turns out.
It's funny I usually avoid digging iron and then when I want to find some I am overwhelmed with aluminum and hot rocks.  Yeah Ed those rocks were everywhere.  One place there was a path that seemed to have been paved with them at one time.  Impossible to see through with the T2.  I should be able to balance them out with the TDI.  
I feel that all the trash is kind of a good sign though.  If no one ever dug out the trash then there should still be some old stuff under it.
Reference URL's