Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: They're Everywhere!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find multiple of these mysterious iron triangles at every farm house i detect but have no idea what they are. Anyone on here know?
No idea to be honest, but when i saw it i had a thought.
you say you find a lot of them at farm houses, maybe they are for fence post tops.
if you where to cut a square fence post top into a diamond shape
maybe those where used to top of the fence posts. 
or some kind of corner protector to something ....

or a mower part. or other farm equipment.
Wind chimes?  Or maybe farm equipment.  Just guessing.
Combine  cutters but older and non serrated!
Blade from a sickle blade mower, Google it. This is exactly what you have here.
Definitely a blade from a sickle mower.  Have replaced a many before the days of the disc mower.
I agree with Ron, I Dig and Boots. At first I thought slicer blades, which is a common way to open the ground for coming rainfall to increase root saturation and decrease runoff in real dry ground. But the attachment holes are wrong for that.

Ed
(08-25-2014 11:37 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Combine  cutters but older and non serrated!

makes sense that it would be from a combine.  my initial thought was from some kind of farm implement. but a combine definitely makes sense.
In England we had an implement before the modern drum mower called a finger mower or reaper mower, they could be towed behind a horse or some ran from the pro on a tractor. It works a bit like a big version of a trimmer a barber would use. You do also get the same finger bar to cut corn stems on a modern day combine.  The early finger mower frames were made of wood so would rot and fall to bits when made redundant.
You must be in good soil those you find look like they could still work. The ones I find are broke or 1/4 rotted away. save the iron it adds up i scrap all my metal
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's