Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wow, FANTASTIC Story!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tend to love these kind of fairy tale, happy ending, down-on-his-luck, beat-the-odds kinda stories. And this one delivers. I'm happy for the fella. Bet they aren't laughing at him now Wink

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/ne...ys-off-big

Joe
Lol ... that`s why im half blind now. eyeballing every damn penny that came through
my fingers for years.
I found quite a few good error coins but it cost me my vision.
Im happy for him...but I sure as hell dont have time for that...plus I hate sitting around.
(08-26-2014 11:48 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Im happy for him...but I sure as hell dont have time for that...plus I hate sitting around.

True, I don't either, however, here's the flip side to that...

I can sure as shit is brown tell you I haven't found anywhere NEAR $21,000 worth of stuff since 2011 (when that fella found his coin). If you average it out, that's $7,000 per year. So, even if he spends an hour or two per night looking through change, he's doing a LOT better on hourly pay than I am! Lol.

Joe
That's cool, but I didn't see anything special about the penny in the picture.
(08-26-2014 07:48 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2014 11:48 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Im happy for him...but I sure as hell dont have time for that...plus I hate sitting around.

True, I don't either, however, here's the flip side to that...

I can sure as shit is brown tell you I haven't found anywhere NEAR $21,000 worth of stuff since 2011 (when that fella found his coin). If you average it out, that's $7,000 per year. So, even if he spends an hour or two per night looking through change, he's doing a LOT better on hourly pay than I am! Lol.

Joe

Joe,

That's a good way to look at it. I sometimes feel the same way deathray does but I've seen some guys on YouTube have pretty good luck at it. Maybe when I retire. I'm always peeking at my change coins though. Force of habit. My dad was always looking for that 43 copper and the 3 legged Buff. LOL!!!

Ed
Reference URL's