Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: barbers from Wino
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a park in Stockton that's infamously known as Wino park. I know all of you have hit plenty of trashy parks, but believe me, this is on a whole new level. You cannot move the coil anywhere here without hitting those thundebird caps, or other trash. But the coins come out in beautiful shape, and I've found quite a few key dates. If you notice the dates, two of these are kinda rare. Ray
(07-05-2013 09:36 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]There's a park in Stockton that's infamously known as Wino park. I know all of you have hit plenty of trashy parks, but believe me, this is on a whole new level. You cannot move the coil anywhere here without hitting those thundebird caps, or other trash. But the coins come out in beautiful shape, and I've found quite a few key dates. If you notice the dates, two of these are kinda rare. Ray

Thoes are some killer barber dimes,you are gonna make me go back out in the desert during summer and find some crazy old,rare,coins. Congrats on some very nice barbers!
Hey, I'm kinda jealous of you desert hunters..peaceful, no tall grass, no hookers and drugaddicts.
Been there a few times and got a couple barbers for there myself.  Got 4 silvers there one day.

The Explorer is killer in that park if you know how to set it up properly.  The CTX falls short in all the wine caps as it is set up like the E-Trac and losses some ID capability.
Always used the Sov there with good success..but the best I saw was NightRays friend using an old beatup whites with a small coil..he got like 7silvers the day I got the 01-s. Actually, old Dan (centralcal) and I got on our knees with a 5gallon bucket, and just plowed around a tree, and then dug every signal we got...ended up with 40 old coins. That park is basically virgin, due to the masking.
Reference URL's