Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Same Spot/Another Merc, Silver #22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out after work today because the weather was gorgeous. Tried a couple of those spots I mentioned yesterday with no luck and went back to the place I found the 38 yesterday and 12 feet from where I found the 38, a 36 pops out at about 7 inches. Didn't have to play "Where's the Merc?" on this one. Took my time and cross targeted it pretty good.

The remainder of the day SUCKED! Went back to another spot I had found a Merc at, got a strong tone 3-29 VID at 6 inches and dug my ass off in rocky dry ground for a 1980 clad dime. Threw the towel in after 4 hours. Almost zip on clad. Under a buck. Ohhh, but I have a lot of copper memorials!!!

GL out there everybody!

Ed
Wow. you are really pulling up the merc`s this week.
awesome score ...
No wonder I can't find any silver, you guys are sniping it all!!! Tongue Nice save on the mercola! Ground is the pits here too, which is one of the reasons I've been so poohed about going hunting. But...

Man, nice & breezy out tonight with an October like chill in the air. Love it!

You're really killing the silver, Ed Yes

P.S. - That Hori Hori is AMAZING! Thank you Wink

Joe
Good deal Ohio

but man does that dirt look hard/tough to dig in!

HH
(08-29-2014 10:20 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Good deal Ohio

but man does that dirt look hard/tough to dig in!

HH

Michigan,

Thanks! Some of it isn't too bad at all but some that gets little shade and has a high clay mix is a bear. That plug for the merc was 4" deep and the bottom of it came out flat as a pancake from resting on a compacted mixed clay which I dug out another three or four inches. Luckily it rained pretty good here Tuesday night so it wasn't too bad a dig. I search over some areas that have sandstone bedrock 12 inches down and can be as dry as hell even after a rain. Those are the real buggers to dig, as you almost need a small portable electric demo hammer. But I ain't about to drag along a 12# Hilti demo hammer with all the crap I carry around now.

Ed
Nice job,cant wait till you find a spot where you are pulling out four or more in one hunt. Congrats! Your piles gettin bigger.
Nice hunt Ed.  It is supposed to be hot as there here tomorrow (Saturday) too.  I'm goin diggin tomorrow.
(08-29-2014 01:10 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job,cant wait till you find a spot where you are pulling out four or more in one hunt. Congrats! Your piles gettin bigger.

Leo,

I'm getting closer by the day! Yes That machine is telling me things daily.Wink Things I never knew and I LIKE IT!

Ed

(08-29-2014 10:16 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice hunt Ed.  It is supposed to be hot as there here tomorrow (Saturday) too.  I'm goin diggin tomorrow.

Will,

I have a 30 quart cooler on the front passenger floor of the truck LOADED with ice, water and Gatorade. And I drink it a lot. Good luck there man!! Stay cool!

Ed
Reference URL's