Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Quick Little hunt gets date nails and seated dime!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is truly amazing how many seateds you guys pull. You realize that a seated is one of the coins that a detectorist measures himself/herself by in this hobby, yes? They're what I call 'yardstick' coins. A hunter will judge their progress based on how many yardstick coins they've crossed off their list. Some will never even find one. Same as it is with the elusive gold coin.

I've picked up on something after all my years of swinging, and that is, there are many types of coinage that seem to be more abundant, or prevalent, in a certain area. Here in NJ, we tend to find a lot of Indians, for example. Doesn't mean they're necessarily easy to find, yet, they're there, and there seems to be a large number of them. Same kind of deal as your seateds. The has to be a rhyme to the reason, though, I haven't exactly figured that out yet.

I give you a lot of credit, Ron. You do the research, and hit spots that are off the beaten trail. Which is obviously one of the reasons you have the success you do Yes

Joe
That seated is in great condition, congratulations Ron!
nice dude!
Great video Ron! Congrats on the seated! It's in real good shape. You guys sure do a hike out there and it does pay off. Have a great Labor Day weekend as I'm sure you'll be out there somewhere swinging.

Ed
nice catch on the seated.
Cool video.  Sweet seated.  What do you do with the date nails?
(08-29-2014 09:41 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Cool video.  Sweet seated.  What do you do with the date nails?

I just did a number overlay on  a picture I took and attached it to a thin box.  I  then just stick them in as I find a new date.  I hung it up in my garage.

I don't really look for date nails, it was just a fun thing to do that day on the way to our site.  I had never looked for them and a few days before that I found my first one so I got a bit crazy pulling up about 50 or so.   I took my kids back and they pulled up about 100.  They were going to get rich and sell them on ebay!! Happy

I only got 16 different dates but it was fun day with the kids. They don't usually like to tag along with Dad on his Treasure Adventures. But they want to go gold hunting all of a sudden!!
I have a few dated nails some are square head & shank, round head and shank and also numbers are embedded or raised. My dates are 25,28,31,38,39,44,47,48,and 51. Some were found here in New Jersey, others in Pa. and Colo. I like finding the nails in the deep woods where the old railroad lines ran. They are a good maker for the date of the area.
(08-29-2014 11:07 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2014 09:41 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Cool video.  Sweet seated.  What do you do with the date nails?

I just did a number overlay on  a picture I took and attached it to a thin box.  I  then just stick them in as I find a new date.  I hung it up in my garage.

I don't really look for date nails, it was just a fun thing to do that day on the way to our site.  I had never looked for them and a few days before that I found my first one so I got a bit crazy pulling up about 50 or so.   I took my kids back and they pulled up about 100.  They were going to get rich and sell them on ebay!! Happy

I only got 16 different dates but it was fun day with the kids.  They don't usually like to tag along with Dad on his Treasure Adventures.  But they want to go gold hunting all of a sudden!!
That's cool man.  Tell them kids quit playin on them tracks.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's