Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #23 & 24, Wheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tested a theory I had and it worked today. Unfortunately at the last stop of the day. Went to find those particular types of spots and whammo, after digging clad most of the day, came upon 2 Mercs about 2 feet from each other and a smattering of 4 wheats within a four foot radius of those. Going to keep looking for those kind of spots. That 26 Merc is the oldest I've found to date.

That's a 1968 Canadian dime. That was the last year they made them in silver. And that year they made them either 90% (NOT), 50% (MAYBE) or clad (MAYBE). I'm going to test it tomorrow and find out. The trouble is that the other 50% metal they used was magnetic. And it didn't fail the magnet test. I'll let you know!

I have some stuff in my trash pouch that I can't identify but they look very interesting for finds in the woods. I'll post them tomorrow as it's going up to 90 Saturday and that's way too hot for me, so I'll have time to take the right kind of pics and post them.

In September I'm going to change my silver finds background to blue and keep it that way thru September. October will be green and November yellow.

HH out there all you guys and Good Luck!!

Ed

Update..... Canadian dime is nickel, my error, others in the same year were mixed with copper, hence non magnetic!
Great finds.  I wonder what the new type spot is.  Don't tell anyone.  It looks like you might be onto something.
Way to go Ohio,Congrats!
Very nice, you`ve been hitting a lot of silver.
that`s awesome. great job ...
Grest finds! That Canadian dime is a strange year because they made 99% silver ones, 50% silver ones and non-silvers all in the same year. A 50% silver dime is 2.33 grams and a 99.9% nickel dime is 2.07 grams. Try weighing yours to see if you can add it to your silver count for the year.
(08-30-2014 10:33 AM)Eric Foster Wrote: [ -> ]Grest finds! That Canadian dime is a strange year because they made 99% silver ones, 50% silver ones and non-silvers all in the same year. A 50% silver dime is 2.33 grams and a 99.9% nickel dime is 2.07 grams. Try weighing yours to see if you can add it to your silver count for the year.

Eric,

Well I'll try that. Yes Thanks for the info! I didn't find that on the net. It's magnetic though so I think I'm outta luck. I'll let you know here in a minute. Wait..... Okay, my scale only does tenths and it's 2.10 g so I'm outta luck with the count! No Thanks again Eric!

Ed
Congrats on the silvers!!
Reference URL's