Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Short Beach hunt with a friend.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not much of a beach hunter, every time i go there must be 10 people detecting the same 50 yard square of beach, decided to entertain a friend and hit the beach for an hour anyway.  as usual came home broker than i left. but had a great time at the beach and that`s what counts. 

don`t everyone comment at once but here`s the loot for the day.
couple lead weights .
a few clad quarters dimes a nickel and a few pennies. there ya have it.
oh
and an odd little copper tag that reads POOF with what looks like 2 hearts.
( please don`t ID it, im afraid to know what it means )

think im gonna try and step back in time tomorrow and hit my
usual site ...

[attachment=3061][attachment=3062]
Poof.  It must be magic.  Glad you had a good time at the beach.
If I had your spot in the woods, I'd never leave to go to the beach. I'd turn into one of those Keebler elves and just make my home in a nice big old tree, and dig 1700's coins all day! Must've felt good though for a change feeling that ocean breeze & seeing all those bikinis around, huh?!

Finding those sinkers are good. You're looking for the heavier items on the beach; sinkers, quarters, etc. That's where the gold normally settles. Also, look for cuts, and lower hard pan areas, too. Anytime you see an area that feels more hard packed & has a lot of shells on the surface, hit it hard!

And stay away from those barely legal bikinis, I don't wanna have to come and bail you outta the big house! Tongue

Joe
Nice day at the beach regardless, no doubt. I'm saving all my lead weights for a winter upshot in the spot price. (Boy 2 cents will kill me!) Maybe I can make $7.00 this winter. Those surf fisherman use some pretty big weights, not the small crap we get around the inland lakes and rivers here. Anyway you had a good time and that's all that counts.

Ed
It was kinda hard keeping both eyes on the sand. temp was around 90 today so we still have quite a few bikini`s running around. it was nice to get out the woods for the day and have a change of pace, can`t think of a better place to waste a day.

woulda been nice cherry picking through all the booty in the sand and bringing home a treasure.
of course i do mean detecting ...
Wasntme
Reference URL's