Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Clad & Silver #25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is from two days. I was out Sunday skipped going Labor day, sleeping in until 12:30 pm, and then went out today after work and tried a couple of new spots. Most of the clad was from today, including the nickels. That 46 P Rosie rang up as a silver but when I pulled it up from under a big pine tree root at about 5 inches I could have sworn at first glance that it was a clad. So watch those old dimes fellas! They can throw you for a loop if you're not careful.

HH all you guys!!!!

Ed
Nice huntin Ed.  That dirty dime does look cladish.  Still a silver though.  Cha ching
wow, nice haul on the clad.
and sweet catch on another silver.
you have been hitting some really good spots. way to pick`em ... nice job again .

BONES ...
Congrats on Silver 25
(09-02-2014 09:16 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]wow, nice haul on the clad.
you have been hitting some really good spots. way to pick`em ... nice job again .

BONES ...

Yeah BONES, I think some of these spots have never been detected. For some reason I'm attracted to them. I'm a tad odd anyway but it's working, so I keep at it. I find this shit in the strangest places and I am often out there, talking to myself and saying, "How in the hell did this get over here?"

Ed
Nice on the first rosie made. Your getting up there.
(09-02-2014 09:26 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2014 09:16 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]wow, nice haul on the clad.

BONES ...

Yeah BONES, I think some of these spots have never been detected. For some reason I'm attracted to them. I'm a tad odd anyway but it's working, so I keep at it. I find this shit in the strangest places and I am often out there, talking to myself and saying, "How in the hell did this get over here?"

Ed

it`s crazy how things end up where they do, if our finds could only tell the tales of their travels. like you i find things in places that just make no sense at all. and, between you talking to yourself and me hollering at the trees in the woods to scare away the man eating animals we would make an entertaining detecting team. keep up the great work picking them spots.

H.H. BONES ...
Here's a shot after I cleaned it up a bit.
Ed, you're going to have the entire state of Ohio hunted out soon! Remember, the BEST detecting season is coming up (cooler weather, vegetation dies down, less skeeters to contend with, more rain to moisten the ground), so, I'm calling it here, on a public forum...

You WILL break 60 silvers for the year Yes

Joe
(09-03-2014 04:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, you're going to have the entire state of Ohio hunted out soon! Remember, the BEST detecting season is coming up (cooler weather, vegetation dies down, less skeeters to contend with, more rain to moisten the ground), so, I'm calling it here, on a public forum...

You WILL break 60 silvers for the year Yes

Joe

Joe,

I thought you were calling it until cooler weather hits. I think I just might. Next couple of days are going to be scorchers and I'm getting fried at work to begin with. Flippin biting flies don't give one damn about no Deep Woods OFF or Repel and the skeeters come in for the mop up. If I take too much Benadryl to stop the itching I then wanna go to sleep.

I'm hoping your prediction comes true for me on this end because I'm slowly running out of places to investigate and detect unless I start traveling. I'm already about 10 miles out radius of the ranch but another 5 miles will put me into a lot of new territory. So I may just wait until Fall temps take over to expand because this weather and the bugs are driving me NUTS! Sometimes I must look like Jerry Lewis out there slapping myself and then at air.

Bumped into "Elton" on Sundays outing and we talked for about an hour. He moderates over at Findmall. Seems like a real nice guy and wants to get together and do a couple of local parks. So far all the guys I've bumped into I've exchanged cards with but they never call. Of course I never call them either. I am going to call Elton though, he seems like a real kick ass detectorist.

Ed
Reference URL's