Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 3 more Civil war buttons. old warded padlock . pocket knife # 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got out in my woods for an hour ..
pulled up 3 more civil war era buttons. domed buttons, all from the same hole
one of the buttons reads " extra quality " on the backmark the other two are plain
on the back. otherwise all three are the same.
also an old warded padlock, im a certified locksmith so i have been wanting to find one of them for a while now. one more item off the personal check list.
and pulled up the 3rd rusted out old pocket knife in a month .
and the odd brass round thingy, looks to be a drawer pull or something of that nature.

H.H.  BONES ...

[attachment=3074][attachment=3075][attachment=3076][attachment=3077][attachment=3078][attachment=3079][attachment=3080][attachment=3081][attachment=3082]
(09-03-2014 04:47 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Man, that lock is a thing of beauty! You GOTTA do an ebath on that one, Bones!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Those big old padlocks are some of my favorite finds. I especially like when they have the company information on them. Some are HIGHLY collectible. And the eagle buttons, too. An 'everything but the kitchen sink' kinda hunt! Nice Yes

Joe

thank you.

BONES ...
(09-03-2014 11:12 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Late to the party again. Great finds BONES!! I wouldn't have known what kind of lock that was until you showed us. (Need any Studebaker parts?) Great finds on those buttons too. Maybe off the same jacket? But why would someone just throw away a noted wool/cotton jacket like that? You have a real good mystery on your hands there BONES!

Ed

good question,
Reference URL's