Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: sake glass??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found the little black shot glass thingy at a demo. It has a Chinese or Japanese character on the bottom . I've been told its maybe a sake glass. The fake egg next to it was found at the famous Oakland dig (ill post a story someday). Its the size of an extralarge egg, for reference. Ray
Not sure Ray, but I would exclude the sake glass.  It appears to have a threaded top.  Is it?  Or am I just seeing things?

If it has a threaded top then I would guess more of a container of some sort vs a sake glass.

Also, if threaded I would think it is more modern and could of even had a shaker top on it.  maybe you got a fancy salt shaker to salt your hard boiled egg!!!! Happy

Just guessing though!
Yes it does have a threaded top..which confused me, because its from a stockton demo that produced 1800s finds...and I should of showed the bottom with  the Asian writing...but you may be right. Thanks!
Need to find out what it says. I have several sake sets. It may have been an herbal product or even opium used during that time period. Good luck.
(07-13-2013 07:32 AM)49r Relics Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ray!! Happy

I have seen Laudanum bottles that had a base like that because they could be tied and worn around the neck, but never that color and the ones I saw had a cork top, but the base is VERY silmilar.

Can I see a pic of the bottom?

Very cool find Yes

Here you go Mark.
Yes, it was near the waterfront...common to find Chinese whiskeys, opium bottles and cashe coins in the area when they demo. Since the recession hit, haven't been to many demos , except the occasional house fire.
Hi there
Last year here in Brevard County Florida, I found a similar glass bottle in a trash dump. The property it came from had several houses on it that were built in late 1800's to early 1900's. 1915 is what several oldtimers told me was the time these houses were built. The houses were demolished in 1949 to make room for a dairy farm.
Ok back to the bottle, The mark is an A under a H, Hazel Atlas Glass company, which produced bottles from 1902-1964.

http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/hazel-at...s-company/

[Image: 100_6808.jpg]

[Image: 100_6809.jpg]

I was told it is a salt pepper/shaker and may be irridated glass, but I cannot confirm either of that.

Hope this helps you. If you find anymore information, please share.
Thanks
Awesome!!! Great I.D., Brevard Yes Welcome to the family Happy

Great find, by the way! Come back often & show us your finds, or just hang out...

Joe
Thanks Dirtfisher, I think ya nailed it! RayBeer
Thats cool man!
  That explains the threaded screw!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's