Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: few odd items.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the first item is brass, round approx 1/4 inch thick and has a bar going up either side. the bar on one side is part of the main item, the second bar on the opposite side was attached to the item to match the other side. no idea what it was but it appears to have been attached to iron.

the next odd item is the little lead piece that looked to be a minnie ball until i got it home, and it is flat on both ends. it has rings like a minnie and is lead.

in the same hole i found the long copper tube it is hollow and appeared to be some kind of container as it is capped on one end, way to thin and long for another lipstick tube.
unfortunately there where so many signals around the same hole i clipped it pretty bad not realizing it was in the side of the hole.

pulled up a broken piece of a knife, i will need to do some cleaning on it to see what it is made of.

pulled up a few more pieces of copper plating.
a couple bullets. and shell casings.
an old squeeze tube, looks to be made of lead.
an iron hook loop thing.
a 1965 clad quarter and 2 1965 clad dimes all 3 in the same hole.
( found that odd ) and a 70 penny in another spot.
and some more pieces of  British slipware . 18th century pottery .

Thanks for peeking ...

BONES ...
[attachment=3099][attachment=3100][attachment=3101][attachment=3102][attachment=3103][attachment=3104][attachment=3105][attachment=3106][attachment=3107][attachment=3108]
(09-05-2014 05:57 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]The lead item is a modern day black powder load.  called a wadcutter

thanks again for the ID
(09-05-2014 07:56 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice bunch of stuff again. Not very odd to find change in the same hole. Probably a pocket spill. I run into them all the time but clad not silver.(Damn It)Chuckle I would have said that that flat bullet with the clear rifling was what was once called a .38 cal dum dum round. Although it looks like someone fired it through a .357 barrel, which is not uncommon. They were precursors to hollow points for revolvers.  Those brass and copper items are perplexing. Although the copper tube looks like a capped pipe that was a repair at one time and then discarded after a proper repair.

Ed

Happy found a bunch of pocket spills, but never had the coins in the same hole with the exact same dates on all of them . just found that kinda odd ...
Reference URL's