Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: few of my bits and bobs from the uk.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone ...im new here and fairly new to the hobbie. just 1 year under my belt
had a few nice bits ..nothing very special ..but there all very nice to me.
here are a few of my better bits below.
[Image: DSCN0651.jpg]
mixed bits
[Image: DSCN0655.jpg]
silver 3pence's six pence's
[Image: DSCN0653.jpg]
mixed roman coins
[Image: DSCN0652.jpg]
mixed hammered coins
[Image: DSCN0654.jpg]
a roman archer's ring (part)
WOW !!!  Those Romans are amazing as are all your finds.
you detectorists in the UK and Europe are blessed with layers of history.
for us in the US to scrape up something from the 1500`s is amazing.

got a question if you don`t mind.  here in the US we are very restricted as to where we can detect. does the UK have similar laws and rules as far as detecting. or are they a little more relaxed when it comes to the hobby ...
I grew up bouncing between England, Spain, and Italy through the 70 -80`s
my father used to detect all over, and pull up some nice relics and coins. 
just curious if they have become more restrictive over the years ...

Thanks for giving us a peek at your finds. 
for one year under your belt, you have made finds the rest of us only dream of ...
congratulations m8 ....

Happy Hunting ...
BONES ...
Hi Bones ..thank-you for your kind words. yes as you said we do have a lot longer history over here ..buy i can assure you its still very hard to find quality items
of interest.....a lot of land is now being covered in green waste Sad.
and much of our land is protected or off limits to detectorists .

trying to find permissions is very hard over here....there are many restrictions
all over the country ..you cant get permissions from the local councils...we cant do park land at all most wood land is protected as well.....most beaches are OK to detect with a permit ...but im not one for beaches i want history ..not bottle caps and modern money lol .

there are many clubs here to join ..but 99% are full so you have to go on waiting lists
also most weekends there are open rally's you can attend ....you need insurance
which is only £8.00 a year.

i just enjoy getting out with like minded folk having a good old chat while
enjoying what we do ....but its always nice to find hammered coins ect.

iv been looking at folks finds on here ..and as i said im very interested in your
military buttons and buckles ...i never seem to find nice buttons ..all i find is flat buttons all the time.

once again thanks for the interest in my finds ...

all the best ....GL &HH
Simon
You are quite welcome, and thank you as well,
i have been fairly lucky to land a great little hunting hole.
many of the items i am digging are colonial British or colonial Spanish. like you i have little interest in modern coins and finds, i am after the older relics and history. i rarely do the beach, or public parks and usually hunt deep in the woods on private land ...
many of the local parks have posted signs warning against detecting, or digging without a detector. makes it tough to find good spots here as well.
and as you know, to make the good finds, it`s all about location ...

It`s really nice to have you guy`s with us to share some of your UK finds.
I am sure you will be digging up some really amazing items for us to enjoy.

H.H.
BONES ...
Great stuff.  Love the Romans and other hammered coins!!

I plan on taking another trip across the pond someday.  I had a very enjoyable time on my first trip.

Thanks for sharing
Those are some sweet finds.  Keep sharing.  You can make us new world guys jealous with your everyday digs over there.
Hey Simon!

Those are some great finds for being at it one year and with all those restrictions you're up against! The parks are not all hunted out here and we are still allowed in most cases to hunt them but I couldn't even imagine what you guys could find if you had our permissions like we do. They're fairly strict here as to digging, as in use of a hand trowel only and proper replacements of the plugs etc... but unlike you there in England, man, you had the Romans building roads and cities and forts. Lord almighty you guys could dig up a millennia of history, and have!! I went through the Detecting England site and am flabbergasted at the kind of finds you chaps make over there. And I get the point of making new friends and having a good chat. Sometimes that's really what it's all about. How small a world it is. Thanks for posting!!!

Ed
Thank you all again regarding my finds. im just a pleased to see your finds
its good seeing different finds from around the world.

we have so much history as you know ..but most  is protected.

wow if we could have a free for all week that would be awesome
i can just imagine the things i could find lol ...tower of London would be
a good place to start ..id imagine there is many a gold coin there lol

thanks again to you all Yes

GL&HH
Awesome relics, dude!
Do you display stuff in a case or little coin folders?
What part of England you in?

Wife is moving back to S.E. London on Monday (Sydenham) 
and I'll be joining her in less that a year.
Will have to hook up once I'm there Happy

Take Care,
 Micah
Nice finds. especially considering what your up against with those restrictive laws that you have to deal with.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's