Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What machine ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi just wondered what is the ..main detector used over there ?
i see many vids and it seems to be the Garrett AT PRO or gold.

Over here the main machine now seems to be the deus ...etrac..and the 3030..and
the very popular Garrett euro ace....a lot start with the euro ace then
after there ears start to curl up and die due to the annoying bell tones lol
they move on to a better machine .........i will say i have had my best finds using the euro ace ...great machine imo  just the sounds are very annoying.
I've heard that before about the aces being kind of annoying.  I don't think there is one main unit used over here.  Everybody has their favorites.  My go tos now are the Whites TDI and the Teknetics T2.  I know a lot of the guys here use Minelabs and the Deus is becoming very popular.
(09-10-2014 07:43 AM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]hi just wondered what is the ..main detector used over there ?
i see many vids and it seems to be the Garrett AT PRO or gold.

Over here the main machine now seems to be the deus ...etrac..and the 3030..and
the very popular Garrett euro ace....a lot start with the euro ace then
after there ears start to curl up and die due to the annoying bell tones lol
they move on to a better machine .........i will say i have had my best finds using the euro ace ...great machine imo  just the sounds are very annoying.

It varies here obviously, depending on the ground conditions one has, preference to certain machines, and of course if there's any brand loyalty with the buyer, though...

By far, the most popular machine for coin hunters and/or guys that have bad, mineralized dirt are the Minelabs. Top tier units right now are the 3030 & the old favorite, the Etrac. Awesome depth, handles bad ground with ease, and has a very accurate VDI.

For guys that do a lot of relic hunting, the F75's, T2's & the Deus' are pretty much the cream of the crop. Lightening fast recovery speed. Superb for work in thick iron. The Gold Bugs, the AT Gold's & the G2's are also amazing in this regard, and are quite popular. I've used the Gold, and while it's not a depth demon (at least in my dirt), it's tremendous for iron work.

For the beach, by far, most guys swing the Excals, the Sovereigns, or the CZ20/21's. All waterproof. Can handle mineralized beach sands with ease. Phenomenal depth.

I've never hunted for gold in my life, but, I see most of the guys using the Gold Bugs, 3030, ATX, and the GPX5000 I believe it is.

As for me, I swear by Minelab. Since I mainly hunt for old coins, it's proven itself the clear winner to me over the years. Nothing can come close. If I was more of a relic guy, my go to machine would probably be a F75, AT Gold or a Deus.

Joe
(09-10-2014 08:16 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard that before about the aces being kind of annoying.  I don't think there is one main unit used over here.  Everybody has their favorites.  My go tos now are the Whites TDI and the Teknetics T2.  I know a lot of the guys here use Minelabs and the Deus is becoming very popular.

yes sorry i should have mentioned the T2 its very popular over here
and i think the T2  will be my next machine.Yes
Here in Canada, the AT Pro along with most Garrett machines are preffered.  the problem as I see it with the E-Trac here is that it just doesn't like our clad. ( by passes them altogether)   have spoken with a number of x-Minelab users over here. They say basically the same thing they are silver killers, but Canadian clad? forget em go with anything else Sad)
In my local group the majority swing White's machines. XLt's DFx's V3i's and the most popular of all , the MXT---that's out of a group of about 60 to 65 detectorists.
Two Deus , a half dozen Minelabs , a few Garretts and NO, that's right NO , Fisher or Teknetics.
60 guys and no Fishers or Teknetics.  That's interesting.  No Bounty Hunters either I guess.
(09-10-2014 11:10 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]60 guys and no Fishers or Teknetics.  That's interesting.  No Bounty Hunters either I guess.

Recently gave up an AT Pro for a Minelab Etrac, primarily relic hunting.
so far so good. the Minelab grabbed three coins so far that the AT Pro missed.
swept over the spot nice and slow with both machines ...
What !!! no Bounty hunters, that old 3300 in the corner collecting dust 
pulled me a lot of sweet relics over the years. i may have to shake the cobwebs 
off it, and take it for a walk this week just for old times .... 
you would be amazed at what that lower cost BH 3300 has found for me ... 
it don`t matter what ya swing.  swing it and enjoy the hunt ... 
you`ll make some great finds as well, if you hit the right spots ... 

H.H. now matter how ya swing it ... 

BONES ...
Man,I know this may sound like a jerk statement...but bypassing clad sounds like a plus to me. Why spend $1500 to dig modern change???
(09-11-2014 07:32 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Man,I know this may sound like a jerk statement...but bypassing clad sounds like a plus to me. Why spend $1500 to dig modern change???

To have something to dig and feel that the machine IS actually working  ( all I have got to date is about 30lbs of iron nails  and .$0.06 in coins.  No gold or silver.  Where I am hitting has only been hit by 1 other detector ever worked it  ( an old gta 1000 by Garrett). Not to mention help it recover its cost and make your "walk" all the more enjoyable, finding nothing except iron nails and pull tabs becomes very boring.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's