Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial era Gold Button ??? - Axe head #7 - round ball - other odd stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pulled up what appears to be a gold button ( not gilt ) ...
sure sounds like gold when it hit the marble desk top ...
sounds just like a merc hitting the table ....
could be a very nice brass button, but got my fingers crossed .
Another axe head this makes #7 i think, kinda loosing count on them now.
also near the axe head, pulled up an old chisel ...
Another round ball.
a few more modern shell casings and a fired bullet tip.
a fancy little brass snap or something ( criss cross pattern object )
a few more fishing sinkers. shot gun shell caps.
1 nickel 1 dime 1 memorial and i got a wheaty 1938 woohoo ...
some odd copper and brass strips. a cigar case.
the two larger round objects with the iron, and the larger round object in the pile
are magnets look to be off some kind of large equipment possibly off a tractor don`t know ... 
and the last item i had to beat some rust off to even see a shape, but it is some kind of heavy hook and loop thingy ...
that`s it for the day.
best find would be the button, one of my fancier ones so far.

Hope everyone had a great day diggin in the dirt .
H.H. and thanks for peeking ...

BONES ...

[attachment=3182][attachment=3183][attachment=3184][attachment=3185][attachment=3186][attachment=3187][attachment=3189][attachment=3190][attachment=3191][attachment=3192][attachment=3193][attachment=3194][attachment=3195]
Lol ... it may help you get away quicker ...
(09-11-2014 05:02 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]You continue to impress, Bones Yes The button looks more silver to me in the pics, although I'm sure it's due to the lighting. Just throwing this out there...

You can use your coins to buy a gold testing kit in the store. No more guessing in the future Wink

Good tip on the light changer! To be honest though, the way my luck has been going lately, I think I'd want to get AWAY from my sites faster, lol.

Joe

went ahead and cleaned this one up a bit to get a better peek. 
button backmark reads " Extra Strong Plated "  gold plated not bad. but not solid ... still very happy, one of my nicer buttons thus far ... 
got some good low temps tmro .75 morning, 85 by noon, sure gonna be nice after months of hunting in upper 90`s and super high humidity ...  
either way, gonna take a lot more than some hot temps to stop me from hitting the field ... 

just do it and dig it ....
H.H. all ...

BONES ....
Reference URL's