Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A couple from today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Out today on a new permission, gold ring and silver George 111 Bullhead shilling.

[Image: b46a294a-69a5-4c85-b87a-0e93a55860e4_zps7ec9d7a4.jpg]

[Image: e792b7a3-e2da-4876-9c19-7aa0e4b739d8_zps251b7af2.jpg]
Wow !!! nice score on the ring ...
a George III bullhead schilling ...sounds very cool to my ears ...
that is an amazing find on the coin as well . 1816 ... WOW !!!
so tell me is that concidered modern pocket change in the UK,
we call that one hell of a nice old coin ...

very nice finds ... 
H.H.

BONES ...
(09-11-2014 05:52 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Wow !!! nice score on the ring ...
we don`t get to see
all the super coins you guys pull up in the UK.
they may seem like common coins to you guys, but to us they are amazing ...

very nice finds ... 
H.H.

BONES ...

Many thanks Bones. I've found many coins a lot older than the Bullhead but i'm pleased because it's my first and i've always wanted one.
Stevie,

1816..... HOLY CRAP!!! And that looks like a mothers' ring with the various birthstones in it. Nice finds there chap!!!

Ed
(09-11-2014 09:43 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Stevie,

1816..... HOLY CRAP!!! And that looks like a mothers' ring with the various birthstones in it. Nice finds there chap!!!

Ed

I think it's a trick of the light Ed, all the stones are diamonds. Thanks for the comment.

(09-11-2014 05:56 PM)stevieB Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2014 05:52 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Wow !!! nice score on the ring ...
we don`t get to see
all the super coins you guys pull up in the UK.
they may seem like common coins to you guys, but to us they are amazing ...

very nice finds ... 
H.H.

BONES ...

Many thanks Bones. I've found many coins a lot older than the Bullhead but i'm pleased because it's my first and i've always wanted one.

George 111 cloins are VERY common, it's just that it's taken me so long to find a silver one. It gets a bit frustrating watching people pulling them out and you can't get one.
love the bullhead shilling buddy ... gr8 find ...the ring aint to bad either m8 Yes
Geez, you guys over there are making us look bad, lol. I'm happy digging any silver to be honest, however, a 44 merc just doesn't hold a candle next to a coin from 1812! Tongue

It simply serves as a reminder how young our country truly is. I'm very, very curious about this...

I'm guessing most of these outstanding older finds are coming from old fields/pastures, yes? Reason I ask is...

We find fairly older coinage from the 1700's & 1800's in parks, woods & such here from time to time, though I can't imagine anything that ancient coming from such places.

Joe
(09-12-2014 12:21 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, you guys over there are making us look bad, lol. I'm happy digging any silver to be honest, however, a 44 merc just doesn't hold a candle next to a coin from 1812! Tongue

It simply serves as a reminder how young our country truly is. I'm very, very curious about this...

I'm guessing most of these outstanding older finds are coming from old fields/pastures, yes? Reason I ask is...

We find fairly older coinage from the 1700's & 1800's in parks, woods & such here from time to time, though I can't imagine anything that ancient coming from such places.

Joe

Mainly from ancient farming land whether it be pasture or ploughed, lots of it still around. We have a detecting season although you can detect all year round, the season runs from late August until about March-April when the crops have been planted then we move onto pasture. Finds come from both but i prefer arable.
(09-12-2014 12:08 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]love the bullhead shilling buddy ... gr8 find ...the ring aint to bad either m8 Yes

Cheers Simon, think i prefer the Bullhead mate.
(09-12-2014 04:57 PM)stevieB Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2014 12:08 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]love the bullhead shilling buddy ... gr8 find ...the ring aint to bad either m8 Yes

Cheers Simon, think i prefer the Bullhead mate.

well if im honest m8 ..bullhead a keeper ...and the ring is a seller. but thats just me.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's