Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well got out for a couple hours after work and turned up some clad, did a little stint in the woods and then went to some areas I hadn't done and got more clad and this AD 1954 Denver Rosie, which was kind of a surprise as I was wrapping it up and heading back to the truck as it was getting dark. So I'm going to go back to that area and expand my search. Ground today was like butter. Found it at 4 inches but a real jumpy signal and I think it may have been on edge as it was in the bottom of the hole and I think it flopped out and over when I pulled the plug. I'm pretty sure I scraped it with the trowel.

Have a great time out there guys and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed
Wow, you've been plucking them silvers up quite a bit.
very nice grab ...
A.D. Rosie ... 
lmao , i like that ... that was too funny .... 

great job again ...

BONES ...
Always nice to see silver peep through. You're lucky in regards to the ground conditions, as it's been a very dry few months here, Ed. Has the Fall chill set in by you yet? It's averaging about 70 to 75 here now, with briefs spikes at around 80. Couple more weeks should see highs in the low 70's. A lot more tolerable than that 90 crap with blazing humidity. This is the time of year when I start cranking it into high gear. I honestly don't know how Bones does it sometimes, as the few times I've been in FL, I didn't even want to leave the comfy environs of my air conditioned hotel room, lol.

Joe
(09-11-2014 10:04 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, you've been plucking them silvers up quite a bit.
very nice grab ...
A.D. Rosie ... 
lmao , i like that ... that was too funny .... 

great job again ...

BONES ...

BONES! I hope those guys over there appreciate my humor!! That 54D made my afternoon for sure. Crap, a Silver Roman Denarius from 100 AD. I'd have a heart attack finding that one.

It's funny, but I haven't been doing those areas simply because who the hell would go there? But this area is a lot like the areas I found so many other silvers in. So what the hell, may as well do them. I found some clad pretty deep as well. That's always a telltale sign that it hasn't been detected in the last 20 years or so. Believe it or not I found a 1983 clad quarter at 13" using another suggested program I got from Charles in Upstate NY (another forum). Just gotta listen to the tone and do the dance around the hole for awhile for targeting. I couldn't believe it was a clad quarter that far down. Now, using the same program I know I can pop more silver.

Ed

(09-11-2014 10:33 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Always nice to see silver peep through. You're lucky in regards to the ground conditions, as it's been a very dry few months here, Ed. Has the Fall chill set in by you yet? It's averaging about 70 to 75 here now, with briefs spikes at around 80. Couple more weeks should see highs in the low 70's. A lot more tolerable than that 90 crap with blazing humidity. This is the time of year when I start cranking it into high gear. I honestly don't know how Bones does it sometimes, as the few times I've been in FL, I didn't even want to leave the comfy environs of my air conditioned hotel room, lol.

Joe

Joe,

Today was "Play Misty for Me" all day with the high reaching 72 at around 6 pm. We were slammed last night by over an inch of rain and I was wearing my dairy boots all day to stay dry. Tomorrows expected high of 63 but long range going up to upper 70's by the end of next week. And it's snowing in Cheyenne, Wyoming as I type. That is not good. It looks like we are going to have an early Winter so we better make the most of it while we can.

Ed
AD 54, love it. I DO appreciate your humour, really makes me chuckle. You have some nice silver over there, well dug.
AD 54.  I don't think I ever dug one of those.  Nice find.  Be careful with that shovel.  Ain't your pinpointer workin?
good find well done ..nice looking coin Yes
Reference URL's