Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Detecting in england
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wouldnt it be good for a group of you members from the states to come over for a weeks digging , i could get our news papper , treasure hunter,searcher mags involved , we could do it for charity you know it would be awsome . Roger
That would be amazing.
Great idea.

and on another note : if any of your members are ever visiting the Florida area.
feel free to contact me, i have two spare rooms and you are more than welcome.
unfortunatly we don`t have finds as spectacular as you do in the UK .
but your always welcome to a dig and a cold beer ...

BONES ...
If you want to sort something , digs are not a problem , loads a land . Roger
Now that would be cool .....id love to detect in the USA ..but alas i cant afford
to get over there Sad .....but if you lads did ever come over would be great to meet
up on a dig with you Yes

but anything you fond will have to stay in the uk im afraid cant have our treasure
taken away ..ill kindly look after them hammys and roman coins you get and
you can look at them each time you return Rofl
Well said simon lol it would be good though .[Image: yes.png]
(09-12-2014 04:03 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]Now that would be cool .....id love to detect in the USA ..but alas i cant afford
to get over there Sad .....but if you lads did ever come over would be great to meet
up on a dig with you Yes

but anything you fond will have to stay in the uk im afraid cant have our treasure

Whenever I hunt a private property here, I tell the owners they can gladly have anything back, as long as I can photograph it, to enjoy in perpetuity. When I make it over there, if I did manage to find anything even remotely fantastic, the simple act of finding it & photographing it, in & of itself, would be more than enough to make me happy. However...

If I could keep it, that would be even sweeter, lol.

Joe
(09-12-2014 05:27 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2014 04:03 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]Now that would be cool .....id love to detect in the USA ..but alas i cant afford
up on a dig with you Yes

Whenever I hunt a private property here, I tell the owners they can gladly have anything back, as long as I can photograph it, to enjoy in perpetuity. When I make it over there, if I did manage to find anything even remotely fantastic, the simple act of finding it & photographing it, in & of itself, would be more than enough to make me happy. However...

If I could keep it, that would be even sweeter, lol.

Joe

iv offered most farmers my finds ...but there not interested really..some take a interest in the bits i find but don't want any items ...unless its relates to there family or the farm........saying that 99.9% of what i find is tat lol....
The farmers that are interested i give a few finds to, keeps them happy and they then trust you more. One lady farmer i have is on about taking up the hobby, i'm trying to talk her out of it, i don't want to lose her land lol.
it would be an honor to not only get to play in such history rich soil, but to have the privilege of actually pulling up a piece of your ( our ) great countries history and having your photo taken for record with that piece would be an amazing feeling and a huge honor ... 
to many of us relic hunters, it is not about the ownership of the piece as we do not own our history, but the privilege to be the one to recover it where it can be seen and enjoyed by all .
My relics have no cash value, as they are not for sale. there true value lays in the story they tell of the history of the location i dig ...

It would be an honor to simply dig with you ...

H.H.
BONES ...
Reference URL's