Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hammereds a few weeks ago
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found these a few weeks ago , a henry v111 groat two cut halves hery 111 voided long cross enjoy .www.detecting-in-england.com
[attachment=3212]
Wow !!! you guys never fail to amaze ...
the coinage you pull up over in the UK is truly unbelievable
we hunt all day hoping to find a few 1800`s silvers and you guys
pluck up hammered coins and Romans like its littering the ground, amazing ...

another stunning coin.
many thanks for sharing all your finds, i am really enjoying getting to peek at them.

Im still waiting for my truck load of dirt from you guys ...

H.H.
BONES ...
Many thanks for the reply bones .
very very nice finds ....the Henry v111 groat is a great find.
iv yet to find a cut half or a cut quarter Sad.
Cheers simon ive had loads since i had the deus , and even though i had a 100 hammereds with my golden mask not on cut half or quarter .
(09-13-2014 10:59 AM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]very very nice finds ....the Henry v111 groat is a great find.
iv yet to find a cut half or a cut quarter Sad.

Nomis, give it a day or two . the way those beauties pop out of your dirt
i am sure it wont be long ...
if you don`t mind, what is the oldest dated coin you or your group has recovered
and just wondering, if you don`t mind. are you able to post dates or time periods to some of the coins you are posting, they are amazing finds. many of your coins i have never seen or dreamed of seeing, so i am very interested in knowing the time periods of some of them ...

thanks a bunch ...
BONES ...
My oldest and possibly the oldest on my forum is a silver Roman republican denarius 160 bc . we have celtic coins but they are only 40 + ad . Roger
(09-13-2014 11:16 AM)Roman Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]My oldest and possibly the oldest on my forum is a silver Roman republican denarius 160 bc . we have celtic coins but they are only 40 + ad . Roger

WOW !!! 160 B.C. that is amazing .
ONLY 40 + A.D. !!! .  you guys are killin me ...

your group makes some really stunning finds.

H.H.
BONES ...
LOL bones i will post them up one day honest i had a new hard drive on my comp , and i lost my files so i will have to dig them out and take new pics . Roger
Absolutely stunning. I can't even comprehend digging up something that old. How deep generally speaking is a find like that? It amazes me that here in the states we might have to dig down a foot to find something 100 years old (if we're lucky), and something that ancient like your piece hasn't sunk out of detecting range. You must have some hard packed soil there, yes?

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's