Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A bit more modern.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A James 1 1604/5 found on pasture. Am i [Image: cf701e0b-d114-4f83-bc80-1089522743ea_zps7e845528.jpg]getting a bit too modern for you?

Next to a modern 50pence just for size. Forgot to say it's a James 1 Irish shilling.

[Image: 58c2d1e3-5ff9-4171-bed4-5bf503747d9f_zps657b3ec2.jpg]
i dont think they wana see modern coins buddy...

no thats a cracking find there mate .....im even jealous of that.
Must say that's one of my favourites Simon, feels really chunky.
Yea I would probably just toss that on in with the other modern junk. Wink

Nice find!
(09-13-2014 05:33 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I would probably just toss that on in with the other modern junk. Wink

Nice find!

Like your thinking Ron lol. Thanks mate.
Sorry bud,not a cladhunter. I put those in the chump change jar! Haha,beautiful coin!
Wow !!! 1604 that is amazing ...
that kind of age is a rare treat around here ...
very nice find ....

BONES ...
That's a Hammy right Stevie!?? Wanna get the language down pat. Nice find there. Can't believe the dates on those coins!!! That is simply amazing Stevie!!

Ed
Nice, would like to see something like that in a hole one day.
(09-13-2014 06:53 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry bud,not a cladhunter. I put those in the chump change jar! Haha,beautiful coin!

What's chump change? Many thanks deathray.

(09-13-2014 08:10 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Wow !!! 1604 that is amazing ...
that kind of age is a rare treat around here ...
very nice find ....

BONES ...

Many thanks BONES, appreciated mate.

(09-13-2014 08:51 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]That's a Hammy right Stevie!?? Wanna get the language down pat. Nice find there. Can't believe the dates on those coins!!! That is simply amazing Stevie!!

Ed

Yep, that's a hammy Ed, [hammered coin] Liz 1st tried to change the mint method by doing milled coins, now they are very rare. However she went back to hammered. It wasn;t until the late 1600's that milled took over from hammered.

(09-14-2014 07:00 AM)Boots Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, would like to see something like that in a hole one day.

To be honest that one was a big surprise as i wasn't expecting one from where it came from.
Reference URL's