Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: detecting question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lol. ..  it does kinda look like a home detention ankle bracelet .
you would fit right in down here in Florida with that thing on your leg.
no one would give ya a second glance .... 

BONES ...
We here in Ohio have some restrictions but if you ask professionally as a detectorist and have all the answers for any questions they might ask, you get permission in general on public property, and that's usually verbal, so you take several of that persons' business cards and keep them in your wallet in case anybody asks. Some of the major parks require permitting but they are free for the asking and unless you're pulling a trailered backhoe, they really don't care what you are doing in the woods or fields unless you don't fill your holes back up and some cross country runner breaks his ankle. The Rangers in the parks I hunt always ask if I have a permit until I get to know them but never want to see it. They're more interested in what I have found and I may or may not show them depending on the find. Most of those fellas are just bored stiff and trying to break up the monotony of the job.

Now again there are the National Parks. Here is a place, where I have a couple within reach, that "I do not" venture into. The "red tape" is such that it's about impossible to detect. It's doable, but the restrictions are so tight that if you have a metal detector in your vehicle, in the parking area, without proper permitting, you are summarily TOAST and going to jail, no excuses!!!!

So, in conclusion, with 55,000 acres of detectable park land at which I am permitted, and knowing a good deal of the Bicycle, Motor, and Mounted Rangers, I think I'll stick there and hope I am happy and healthy to the grand old age of 2056, because that's how long it'll take me to detect it all.

God Save the Queen.

Ed

and ps.... I am not out detecting tonight as the woman needed me home for some stuff and I obliged as she gives me one helluva a long rope anyway so I better not F it up!!!!
(09-15-2014 03:17 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Like Bones said the laws vary by location.  Some places have no laws concerning detecting in parks.  Some places you need a permit.  Some places it is strictly forbidden.  Just depends on where you are.

I am in Canada and all of the above holds true ( except with the hefty fines) if it is deemed historic it is off limits to all except archeologists ( with necessary permits) and some towns have banned all detecting within their jurisdictions because of inconsiderate detectorists that didn't fill their holes.
just say you making sure the park is safe for the Royal Baby. No bombs or sharp things the safty of the baby  is what its all about.
you may have something there, ... im off to hunt the white house grounds i`ll let you know how it goes ... it`s a matter of national security, honestly ... Wink

BONES ...
All parks near here are detectable without permission.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's