Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: detecting question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
i see a lot of post on here saying was at my fav park today or park finds ect
are you allowed to freely detect parks over there ? ie picnic areas,open park land
woodland .....or do you have to ask town council permission.

as over here there is not many councils will give permission to detect
any park/woodland at all........the closest i came to getting permission
from a council was ...i could detect local farm land if owned by a tennent
and they agree to let you detect ....but living in London not many farms in
London lol ...

so just wondered if all parks ect were ok to detect on ?

simon
most public parks and beaches in my location are detectable without permission, however any state owned parks or land are strictly off limits, with hefty fines of up to $20,000 and 5 years in prison. any private land is detectable with permission. some state owned parks are detectable with land managers permission.
i think each state has there own rules, however there are also federal laws restricting detecting on any sites known to have historical value, so it is still a very touchy and fine line .  the rules also change from city to city and county to county ...
Like Bones said the laws vary by location.  Some places have no laws concerning detecting in parks.  Some places you need a permit.  Some places it is strictly forbidden.  Just depends on where you are.
Thanks for the reply's ...it seems a bit easier than here to detect.
as i said i don't know of any park land that can be detected over here.

once again thanks for your reply's

simon
(09-15-2014 05:36 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply's ...it seems a bit easier than here to detect.

simon

Give Hyde Park a go Simon, i'm sure they wouldn't mind lol.
(09-15-2014 05:52 PM)stevieB Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2014 05:36 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply's ...it seems a bit easier than here to detect.

simon

Give Hyde Park a go Simon, i'm sure they wouldn't mind lol.

yeah iv thought about it m8 ..but im sure id be beheaded Shake
Just do it on the day the next Royal baby is born,  No one will be paying attention to the parks!! Happy
(09-15-2014 07:57 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Just do it on the day the next Royal baby is born,  No one will be paying attention to  the parks!! Happy

OMG please for the love of god ..lets not have royal baby talk on here Yawn
its all were going to hear about over here ..i wish them the best ..of course i do
as i do for anyone ...but i don't care that this morning she felt morning sickness
i just don't care Laughing.

i wonder what there do if i went to the royal parks and started to detect ?
how long before a swat team is upon me lol
(09-16-2014 03:16 AM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2014 07:57 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Just do it on the day the next Royal baby is born,  No one will be paying attention to  the parks!! Happy

its all were going to hear about over here ..i wish them the best ..of course i do
as i do for anyone ...but i don't care that this morning she felt morning sickness

LOL !!!   you could just pick up a pair of these wonderful detecting sandals and shuffle around the park grounds like a lost tourist ...

[attachment=3244]
(09-16-2014 10:00 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2014 03:16 AM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL !!!   you could just pick up a pair of these wonderful detecting sandals and shuffle around the park grounds like a lost tourist ...

LOL...omg imagin that ....there think im a terrorist with that strapped to my leg
bleeping away ....or iv got a prison tag on.....either way im doomed lol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's