Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1853 GOLD 1 DOLLAR COIN ... !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MY FIRST GOLD COIN EVER Happy
1853 GOLD 1 DOLLAR COIN ...

got out for a couple hours, was almost done for the day, decided to hit one more beep. got a super tiny blip, decided to dig it ...
i`ll be hitting all the ghost beeps now ...
[attachment=3275][attachment=3276][attachment=3277][attachment=3278][attachment=3279]
it was somewhere between 8 -9 inches deep . there are several small blips in the same area, my wife said keep digging, but i was to excited, whatever is there, will be there for me tomorrow.

Thanks all .. my head is still spinning, pretty happy ...

BONES ...
(09-18-2014 01:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2014 01:46 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard those little $1 pieces ID like foil.

True, very true. Which is why it might have sounded like the peep that Bones claimed it did.

Joe

just did an air test on it, it hit at 11:09 - 12:11 pretty consistently.
makes me think there is an iron nail or something next to where it was and i just got lucky on the coin ... or would it being so deep cause the signal to be off ... i had the Etrac on deep recovery - fast. in ML coin mode ...
i see pop tops hitting around the lower 12s. and foil around the low 12s , and i have started jumping over them. i`ll be checking out all the low 11s - 12s now ...
(09-18-2014 05:44 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Great work Bones!  My first gold was also an 1853 Dollar!

No better feeling than plucking one of those beauties out of the ground!

Congratulations!

I saw that SCLdigger back in July i believe, that was an amazing find, never did i think i would follow you with one of my own ...
guess were members of the teeny weeny dollar club now ...
the thing is so tiny if it wasn`t for my planet spotter bifocals i would have likely missed it.

H.H SLC ...
BONES ...

(09-18-2014 04:33 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Dude!!  that is fantastic!!  Congrats!!  All that trash and junk digging has paid off big time!!

Just a suggestion but I would take deep off and use fast only in the iron.  No need to run two filters at the same time and I think you will get better separation in the iron with deep off.  

DEEP is not really giving you any extra depth but a little longer signal on a deeper target but if you are in the iron then it also makes the iron signal longer which can mask out the good targets.

Like I said just a suggestion.  I have test hundred and hundred of deep targets with FAST and DEEP and you will not miss a deep target with FAST only.

Thanks again Ron, just noticed the tip. i normally don`t use deep as i heard it changes the ID numbers. but thought i would try it out, i will switch it off , i was not sure how it worked as i am pretty new to the Etrac ...
i`ll run with it off from here on out ...

Thank you very much for the help ...

BONES ...
(09-18-2014 06:48 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bones.  Can you take a picture of that beautiful dollar next to a dime to show the size?  I'm wondering how small they actually are.

here ya go , it`s a tiny one ...

BONES ...
[attachment=3294][attachment=3295]
(09-18-2014 09:27 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations BONES!!!!! Who needs silver when you can find Gold!!!! Fantastic find there my friend. I will pray that those little beeps turn out to be what all your hopes are!!

Excellent Find!!!!!

Ed

Thank you Ed.
hopefully whoever dropped that dropped more,
and hey, i`ll take a silver coin of any age any day, i don`t find very many of those either.
you however have been killin them ...

H.H. Ed ...
BONES ...
(09-18-2014 01:02 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]MY FIRST GOLD COIN EVER   Happy
1853 GOLD 1 DOLLAR COIN ...

got out for a couple hours, was almost done for the day, decided to hit one more beep. got a super tiny blip, decided to dig it ...
i`ll be hitting all the ghost beeps now ...

Wow well done mate!
Reference URL's