Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Portugese gold.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Out today with a mate, not expecting much till this little beauty turned up. 6400 Reis of King Josephus of Portugal 1755. Minted in Brazil. Large coin of 3cms and weighs over 0.4 Troy ounces. It looks silver in the pics but i assure you that it is gold.

[Image: e0c76d0e-1f33-45f4-a5f0-cebc1ed80356_zps0813a244.jpg]

[Image: b5c9eefd-eabb-42a4-97d3-1ba27121e42c_zps4892a791.jpg]
WOW !!! that is an amazing find.
Unbelievable that coin is sweet ...
and in really good shape for 1700`s
that is a super find of a life time Stevie ...

looks like a golden day today ... Happy

VERY VERY NICE ...
H.H.
BONES ...
I think we are both on a high BONES, i don't think anybody would expect anything less lol.
Is this a joke?! Two gold coins found in one day! I feel like Allen Funt is going to jump out with a camera, lol. You found this today, Steve? That is an AMAZING find Yes What was the mintage on something like that? I'm going to look in my red book, though I highly doubt it's in there.

Depth, VDI, etc. please? You can't simply post a gold coin...from the 1700's no less...and be so nonchalant about it. We want details!!! Wink

And yes, that's going on the banner too! Congrats Yes

Joe
LOL !!! Joe, i guess when your used to pulling sweet old coins like these UK guys
you would be kinda nonchalant about it. but for a first GOLD, i would think you would be pacing the house with a grin from ear to ear like me ...
i can`t even sit down right now ....

BONES ...
(09-18-2014 02:54 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a joke?! Two gold coins found in one day! I feel like Allen Funt is going to jump out with a camera, lol. You found this today, Steve? That is an AMAZING find Yes What was the mintage on something like that? I'm going to look in my red book, though I highly doubt it's in there.

Depth, VDI, etc. please? You can't simply post a gold coin...from the 1600's no less...and be so nonchalant about it. We want details!!! Wink

And yes, that's going on the banner too! Congrats Yes

Joe

Sorry Joe. On pasture, 9 inches down. Using Deus, reading 96 which i thought was deep iron. Programme 2 GM power with tracking. Minted in Brazil hence the R over the date. If there wasn't a letter over the date then it was minted in Portugal

(09-18-2014 03:10 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]LOL !!!   Joe, i guess when your used to pulling sweet old coins like these UK guys
you would be kinda nonchalant about it.  but for a first GOLD, i would think you would be pacing the house with a grin from ear to ear like me ...
i can`t even sit down right now ....

BONES ...

Don't get me wrong BONES, i'm just a bit laid back. What with a gold ring last Thursday and a gold coin this Thursday i think i'm on a roll. Loving it lol.
lol !!! way more laid back than me. i couldn`t even dig anymore.
i never expected in a million years i would dig a gold coin of any age ... and i mean that , never in my wildest dreams.
i dream of it, but never ever expected it ...

BONES ...
way to go buddy ..cracking find ...stunning mate thats what were all looking for
well done ....YesYesYes
SUPER Find, I would have that cleaned and checked . Yes
DAMN!!  Congrats!!  I better get out today!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's