Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1767 - 1773 CAROLUS III 1/2 real - Colonial Brass Sword Handle .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Headed back out to my little dirt hole.
swept around the spot i found the Gold dollar coin and the sword scabbard yesterday.
today i pulled up a tiny silver 1/2 real coin, on the front (back) the letters CARO = CAROLUS III - 1767 - 1773 1/2 real ....
the other item i am really happy about is the Colonial Brass Sword Handle ...wish i could have got the whole thing but still a very cool find. i did get a few small chunks of the blade and a few more pieces of the copper scabbard ...
also another copper piece of cookware, and more pottery ...
based on the text, this is the closest coin i can find as a match, but not a positive ID yet.
there are several on this page that resemble it quite a bit ( Spanish colonial )
http://colonialcoins.wordpress.com/

Happy Hunting all .
and thanks for peeking ...

BONES ...

[attachment=3297][attachment=3298][attachment=3299][attachment=3300][attachment=3301][attachment=3302][attachment=3303][attachment=3304][attachment=3305]
What a brain fart ...
I have read that many times about stringing the coins, don`t know why it did not hit me this time ... thanks again Ron ...
believe it or not, every one of the coins i have found at this site, have been when i decided to stop and hit that one last signal, this one was also my last pull of the day, and on the way out the woods.
I think this time i am more thrilled about the colonial brass sword handle than the coin.
i was so amazed, I caught myself playing air sword with it ...

H.H, all ...

BONES ...
(09-19-2014 10:06 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Bones, another amazing pull!!! Is that your first real? If so, CONGRATS Yes You are KILLING it lately. And it's holed, too. Those are harder to find!!!!!

Joe

Thank you Joe ...
i pulled up this piece a few weeks ago, not sure what that counts for, 1575 - 1621 Philip II - III : Coin Code : MQ 020 on this site ... http://colonialcoins.wordpress.com/ but yes this is the first complete 1500`s - 1700`s silver. I just wish i could pull them with a little more detail. im dying for a more detailed one for the collection. i have a feeling it`s right behind that next tree.

BONES ...
Question : what makes the holed ones harder to find. honestly don`t know ....
it took me 5 minutes on my knees to find it in the hole, it was driving me nuts. is there something about the holed ones that make them more difficult to locate ... or are they just not as common to find ... thanks for the help ...

[attachment=3327]
(09-22-2014 12:15 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2014 10:06 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Bones, another amazing pull!!! Is that your first real? If so, CONGRATS Yes You are KILLING it lately. And it's holed, too. Those are harder to find!!!!!

Joe

Thank you Joe ...
i pulled up this piece a few weeks ago, not sure what that counts for, but yes this is the first complete 1600`s - 1700`s silver. I just wish i could pull them with a little more detail. im dying for a more detailed one for the collection. i have a feeling it`s right behind that next tree.

BONES ...
Question : what makes the holed ones harder to find. honestly don`t know ....
it took me 5 minutes on my knees to find it in the hole, it was driving me nuts. is there something about the holed ones that make them more difficult to locate ... or are they just not as common to find ... thanks for the help ...

Well Joe, guess that feeling was right on. about 20 feet over from yesterdays spot i hit on another 1/2 real with much more detail ...
and its holed like the other one. i can make out a partial date of 17-7
(09-24-2014 02:07 AM)mike pierson Wrote: [ -> ]Big Congrats on some really great finds

Thank you very much Mike, and everyone, it`s been a pretty lucky week.

H.H.

BONES ...
Reference URL's