Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: If you like looking at clad....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, went to the beach area today as I played hookey from work and let #1 take the lead because he needs some hours.

Anyway, I've never been there before, detecting, and I thought I'd check it out. What you can't see in the photo is about 100 acres of picnic area behind me and another 20 acres of pier and play area too far off in the distance to see. This area used to be owned by the city of Cleveland. After 2008, they had to sell it off to the Metroparks. Now it's a park the way it was in the early 1900's when it was dedicated. The Metroparks Police kicked everybody out that doesn't belong there. Which makes this park shine as one of their most prestigious and recognised holdings. The city lost a GEM!!!

Happy Cladding!!!

Ed
Wow !!! looks like you dug your butt off today.
that`s a lot of digging. how many of those boy scout neckerchief slips have you found now, must have a nice little collection of them started, that`s pretty sweet ...
and DOUBLE WOW !!!

A KENNEDY HALF !!! still waiting to pull up one of those after all these years ...
very nice catch ... bet that brought a huge smile ...
i would have been as happy as a pig in poopy to pull up a Kennedy half.

bet there`s still a lot of that area still left for you to hunt, looks really big.
gonna be fun to see what else pops out of there.

H.H. Ed ...

BONES ...
Honestly BONES, I don't think you're in an area where you could find Kennedy's. But, you never know. With the $1 gold yesterday and that punched silver today, you're flipping BLESSED! So don't go start wishing for clad my friend.

Here's a shot of the few of those kerchief clasps I could get my hands on quick without the one today as I just gave it to my mechanic friend after a few beers BeerBeerBeer and a discussion about my exhaust system on my F150. He was a boy scout. My collections here are a gigantic mess. I am beginning to look like a hoarder. I'll remedy that this winter with a little more organization.

HH bud!

Ed
WOW !!! you do have a nice little collection of those boy scout slips ...
that`s bad ass ... those would make a sweet display, but the way your finding them you may want to wait on that, or you may have to make a bigger display soon .
truth be told Ed ... i like digging anything, as long as i can get out and dig im happy.
it`s exciting digging the oldies, but i was just as excited the other day with my 13 -14 cents from the driveway ...

H.H.

BONES ...
Yeah, digging clad isn't the most exciting thing, Ed, however, it takes the same amount of sweat digging IT as anything else Yes I've dug ONE half in 10 years of heavy duty hunting. They are NOT easy to find, so, take it and appreciate it, as you never know when the next is going to come. That is a LOT of grass in that pic! If one thinks logically, how many thousands, tens of thousands, if not more, people have walked in that area over the years. Many of them dropped things. There might be thousands of older coins resting beneath the soil that are just waiting for you to go and get them Happy

Joe
(09-19-2014 10:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, digging clad isn't the most exciting thing, Ed, however, it takes the same amount of sweat digging IT as anything else Yes I've dug ONE half in 10 years of heavy duty hunting. They are NOT easy to find, so, take it and appreciate it, as you never know when the next is going to come. That is a LOT of grass in that pic! If one thinks logically, how many thousands, tens of thousands, if not more, people have walked in that area over the years. Many of them dropped things. There might be thousands of older coins resting beneath the soil that are just waiting for you to go and get them Happy

Joe

Joe,

Speaking of hills, that shot is about in the middle of the hill, east west wise. It's been a sledding hill in the winter, a fireworks hill on the fourth, and an airshow hill on Labor Day. For the past 100 years. In the 1950's, the beach was used for public display practice drills by amphibious Marine and Navy forces on Memorial Day. The young woman in the foreground of the shot was doing running reps up the full length of the hill with her dog for the hour I spent there. Be Prepared is not an issue in Cleveland. I'm not the only detectorist there, but as BONES has said, there's history in the dirt, and I'm fishing it!!!

Ed
Cool Cub Scout neckerchief slide there Ohio  

always fun to find ;-)
Reference URL's