Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Slivers #33 & 34 + ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Out today for five hours. Last place I stopped to check out had some trails. Got the 2 Rosies at dusk fighting mosquitoes that were real hungry and made a flipping meal out of me. The 2 were about 18 inches apart and both had copper memorials in the same hole. Suspect somebody passed out in the woods or camped there. Oldest memorial dated 1963 of the five there.

The toasted quarter I cleaned to try and see the date. Has to be clad because it weighs 5.6 grams and a clad weighs 5.8, a silver 6.2. Found it at 9 inches that's why.

The brass or copper ring thingy I think has to do with horses. Found it 50 feet from the Rosies off the same trail. Any suggestions?

Heave a great time out there and HH!!

Ed
(09-20-2014 11:06 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]WOW !!! two more rosies nice catch ...
you have been cleaning up on the silver ...
did you hit that sweet spot from the pictures yesterday,
looks like it could be a real giving spot for some greast finds

H.H.

BONES ...

BONES,

No, that's a drive for me and $70 a week on fuel is about it for the budget as it is. I'll go back when the weather temps drop. The place is busy as all get out when the weather is nice. Today I went a wandering. I usually do. Hour over here where I haven't covered ground, two hours over there where I'm getting good signals, and then sometimes, just a whim. I guess you could say that today I had a "Whimsical" day. Not shown in the pictures is a part of a chrome bumper that must have been involved in one hell of an accident. Rosies came from an area I've passed by so many times I just said to myself, "Go DO it." . There are a lot of pathed wilderness trails that are maintained by the Parks for just the purpose of nature walks, peace and quiet, and those tougher runners and bicyclists who do cross country. There are also a lot of civilian trails maintained by hs kids on a weekend get drunk/Effed party, fisherman, mushroom hunters, etc... For these odd trails, that have come and gone over the generations of people that traveled them, I truly live to be a detectorist. Then again, as you have said repeatedly, and I truly understand, there is nothing like being in the woods, watching the VID and listening to the tones, swinging the coil around all the obstacles and false signals, knowing you've never been exactly right there, but somebody else might have been, it's truly an experience to cherish and behold in your psyche.

Take care buddy, watch those snakes! My fear is Skunks and Bucks in rut. Whoopee!!!

Ed
Nice digs and congrats on the silvers!
Nice save on the silver.  The clad adds up as well.
Nice, your silver is pileing up. Congrats!
Nice silvers Ed.  I don't know about the ring thing.  I never see skunks around here.  A lot of deer but no skunks.  Watch out for them things.
Thanks fellas! Got zip today on the trip back to that spot. Just a little clad is all.

HH out there!

Ed
That was such a big area i figured you would be hunting that spot for a good little while and pulling the goods. with all the activity that spot has seen you would think it would be loaded, do you think it has others hunting that spot ...

Hey Ed i tried to do an edit and hit the wrong button, and lost my prior post to you. hit back space to see if it was there thought i was on the same one and hit the other one, tried again and everything was gone ... im gonna stop hitting buttons before i hurt myself.

so i wanted to say again ... sweet catch on those rosies ... and sorry about my fumbley fingers. did you hunt the open areas of that spot or did you get up into the woods. i have really been blown away by the items i find in the woods in the most unlikely spots. i think if like yourself more folks hit those woods, they would really be surprised. what are woods now may have been something completely different 100 years ago. i have been finding many foundations to not only old 1500`s - 1800`s colonial Spanish coquina brick sites, , but on top of them are 1800`s red brick foundations near by. its amazing how history can be layered so deep over the years and then lost to the woods.

definitely food for thought for those who don`t hunt the woods ...

H.H.
BONES ...
BONES

The area is not that large. About 250 by 200, against a river with an old ford, and the largest tree is about 6 feet in diameter. The area has part of a ford crossing that was abandoned many years ago, and part of it is backed up to a hill. There was an old grinding mill there about 130 years ago and there are clay fired frog bricks laying about all over. (Bricklayer term for a brick with a rectangular cupped side for bonding to the mortar: Frog.)

The place is not too overgrown, as the trees are large enough to shade the area so there's not a great deal of heavy growth and many clear areas. The clear areas are literally filled with trash. Aluminum cans, screw caps, wine bottle caps, can tops, etc... and the nulling on IM is difficult and has to be turned off and on continually to check a signal because it locks the machine when the iron gets horrible. But the lower growth is a challenge to detect with the Pro Coil as you have to spend a lot of time circling the plants and double cover some areas to be thorough. Some of the area is filled with silt from river flooding and some is above that area and a small flat base of a large valley edge. There are many more areas there to detect, but most of the rest of it is 60 degree slopes with a few flat spots here and there above the valley floor. I have done what I consider the flat areas below pretty thoroughly, not considering the fallen trees and areas that do get sunlight and have heavy growth. There are numerous trails and deer paths which I have followed but some of them are really tough to swing.

I'm not finished there, but I am very tired. Grass fields are a "home run" compared to this kind of detecting, but very boring. I'll go back, but I have to think a couple of things through before hand as it's a real challenge to detect.

Ed
Happy im gonna shoot a pic tmro of my detecting spot, it`s going to blow your mind, i literally have to crawl on my knees under and around over growth and under vines and limbs with my detector horizontally straight out in front of me with the shaft all the way shortened while on my knees. the spot i hit on the 1/2 real yesterday i was on my hands and knees to get to the spot ... i had to dig it with maybe 3 feet of vertical sitting room bent up like a pretzel. once i clean up the open areas, i get under the bushes literally ....

seems to be where they hide all the good stuff ...

H.H.

BONES ...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's