Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: my weekends effort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
few bits from a hunt Sunday ..in the dreaded stubble (hate stubble)
nothing special im afraid for you to see  ...... few viccy pennys...few knackered
roman coins ..buttons ..bullets ..silver riding crop top (crushed) and another bottle
never found a bottle before and get two in two digs lol

[Image: DSCN0689.jpg]
Nice hunt there anyways. A few Roman coins here would certainly make my day!

HH nomis!

Ed
nice ...
Nice digs!!
sorry short comment before was in a rush to get out and detect this morning ...
those coins are awesome what do you mean nothing much. hell, your going to have to give us some close up shots, some of those roman coins you guys dig are amazing. i love the way they look. and the buttons, would really like to get a peek up close. the buttons you dig are very different in design from the ones we dig. i love the old buttons. are you guys able to date them ... very interested ...

Great hunt Nomis well done ...
H.H.

BONES ....

oh almost forgot .... Congratulations on the bottle, thats a nice little one, those are my favorites.
hard to catch them in a hole while digging metal. very nice ...
(09-22-2014 03:31 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]sorry short comment before was in a rush to get out and detect this morning ...
those coins are awesome what do you mean nothing much. hell, your going to have to give us some close up shots, some of those roman coins you guys dig are amazing. i love the way they look. and the buttons, would really like to get a peek up close. the buttons you dig are very different in design from the ones we dig. i love the old buttons. are you guys able to date them ... very interested ...

H.H.

BONES ....

oh almost forgot .... Congratulations on the bottle, thats a nice little one, those are my favorites.
hard to catch them in a hole while digging metal.  very nice ...

hi bones ....the romans are in very poor condition ..id doubt id get anything to show up ....ill have ago in daylight see what i can get ...Yes

do you mean the flat buttons or the military / livery buttons ..flat buttons
are very hard to date ..most livery and military  buttons can get a rough period .

GL&HH
(09-22-2014 04:04 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2014 03:31 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]sorry short comment before was in a rush to get out and detect this morning ...

H.H.

BONES ....

hard to catch them in a hole while digging metal.  very nice ...

hi bones ....the romans are in very poor condition ..id doubt id get anything to show up ....ill have ago in daylight see what i can get ...Yes

do you mean the flat buttons or the military / livery buttons ..flat buttons
are very hard to date ..most livery and military  buttons can get a rough period .

GL&HH

many of the buttons i dig are British colonial era and have no marks on the back for dating as well. just interested to know what the time periods of some of your button finds are, as well as any backmark info. it may assist in dating some of mine .
i really enjoy digging the buttons, i dug a few i thought where plain flat buttons till i lightly cleaned them and they ended up having very pretty designs hidden under the buildup of crud and dirt ...
sorry best i can do with theses as said there pretty poor condition ..the other
two are beyond it ....but at least there saved now ..well till they turn to dust Sad

[Image: grottyromans.jpg]
you can just make out the heads on each of them ...well i hope you can Shake
(09-22-2014 04:17 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]sorry best i can do with theses as said there pretty poor condition ..the other
two are beyond it ....but at least there saved now ..well till they turn to dust Sad

[Image: grottyromans.jpg]
you can just make out the heads on each of them ...well i hope you can Shake

Cool. i can see the face on the right one pretty well.
that is really neat. you guys are real fortunate to be able to pull up such
old and historical coinage. really well done my friend ...

BONES ...
Super Yes Man you guys are freaking blessed over there. I was watching a video from that guy on YouTube, I think his name is Gary, has a ton of videos up. He was using the 3030 and pulling some amazing stuff up. Very low key too. He was like "Oh, looks like a Saxon button", and he'd throw it in his pouch. Ha!

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's