Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1767-1773 CAROLUS III REAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got out for a couple hours, first good hit was the mini sterling silver spoon.
back reads - S KIRK & SON STERLING spoon measures only 4 1/2 inches long.
its pretty ornate with a rose or floral front .. ran around plucking up a few more fired mini balls, headed back towards the front of my area and hit on the gold looking bubble button front is starting to become readable, it appears to have a nice pattern on the front hopefully i can get it cleaned up a bit. back reads = NEW YORK - something ... Front reads = ANIMIS OPIRUSQUE PARATE it is the great seal of South Carolina 1776 ...
AND THEN ... i hit on another 1767 - 1773 Spanish Carolus III 1/2 Real with much more detail than the one from yesterday ... looks like they should have tied that string a little better. Happy ( at top of second coin photo 17*7 is visible near the hole )

needless to say this has been an AWESOME OLD COIN WEEK ..
im on a " REAL " roll , pretty happy ...

thanks for peeking ...
BONES ...

last photo is what the button should look like .
[attachment=3333][attachment=3334][attachment=3335][attachment=3336][attachment=3337][attachment=3338][attachment=3339][attachment=3340]
(09-22-2014 02:47 PM)nomis Wrote: [ -> ]great finds well done ...really like the Bon bon spoon ...and very nice coin
YesYes

Thank you Nomis.
I thought the spoon was pretty cute, tiny little thing ... Bon bon spoon. gonna go look that up ... TY ...

H.H.
BONES ...
thank you for the link they have some really nice samples there.
gonna save that info.

BONES ...
(09-22-2014 04:56 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Holy fucking lord!!! I haven't been on in a couple of days & just saw this! Another real!!! Dude, WTF??? I'm hopping the next flight down. I'll sleep on an air mattress, pullout, shit, I'll bunk in the shower, I don't care Tongue Love it all! That spoon is gorgeous and deserves a nice little case for display. Bones, I wanna move in with you (no gay)!!!!!

Joe

LMFAO !!!
noticed you gone for a few days, hope all is good.
been pretty crazy this week, hit the Gold dollar 4 days ago, a 1/2 real yesterday,
and another 1/2 real today. you better get down here soon or im gonna clean this place up ....

BONES ...
(09-22-2014 05:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I mean really, stop it already, you're making me soooo jealous!!!Laughing NICE HITS THERE BONES. I never realized those half reale were so small, what are they, about the size of a dime? Think you could pry the punched hole flap back and reveal the date?????

Nice spoon too. Do you think it was from a traveling dining set? I'd catch a flight down there myself but venomous snakes scare the shit out of me. So that's out. You got the whole place to yourself. (Damn it!)

HH there bro! (You obviously are!)

Ed

Thank you Ed ...
i had thought about flipping the hole and getting the whole date. but i can see the 17-7 and the coin is from 1767 - 1773 so it is therefore a 1767 .. good enough for me to see. im afraid of hurting it ...
they are about the size of a dime, and extremely thin .
and believe it or not, as the others, this one was my last pull of the day as well, and on my way home ...

H.H ... Ed ... Happy

BONES ....
(09-23-2014 02:19 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Laughing my ass off at Joe! 

But NICE digs Bones

LOVE that spoon for sure!

Cool button and coin too ;-)

TY MRH ... i couldn`t imagine hunting with Joe, i would probably be laughing my ass off so hard i couldn`t detect. he is one funny guy, he makes this forum very fun and inviting ...

BONES ...
(09-26-2014 11:04 AM)Boots Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, you have a great spot down there.Happy

Its turning out to be a happy little hunting hole ..

BONES ...
(09-27-2014 09:37 AM)I Dig History Wrote: [ -> ]Outstanding brother... really, thats about as good as it gets.
Outstanding!

Thank you very much I Dig History ..
who knows what tmro will bring ....

BONES ...
Reference URL's