Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Congrats Stevie B & Bones!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BIG congratulations to Stevie B & Bones on making the banner up top Yes Bones pulled a stunning $1 gold piece, and Stevie found a phenomenal Portuguese gold coin!!!

You guys are one of the reasons forums like this are so great. We get to live vicariously through your finds and hope & pray maybe it'll be us one day Happy

Joe
Thank you very much Joe . congratulations StevieB on an amazing coin, and an amazing banner find ...
it is all of the wonderful finds i see from everyone that keeps me digging so hard .

Happy Hunting Everyone ...

BONES ...
Congratulations guys.  I think Bones should get digger of the month with the coins he's been posting.
(09-22-2014 08:11 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations guys.  I think Bones should get digger of the month with the coins he's been posting.

Believe me, if we had that, he'd be in like Flynn! Not a bad idea to be honest. You think it would be useful? I don't know, you guys have to tell me this stuff.

Joe
I think digger of the month would be cool.  Each new month everyone would have a shot at it.  Don't need to be a prize or anything.  Just the honor.  Maybe a voting thing, but can't vote for yourself.
I agree totally, and love the idea. The problem is, digger of the month is very open to interpretation. And anytime that is the case, it has the potential to create bad blood. For instance...

Both Stevie B & Bones both found gold coins recently. How can someone decide who would win the monthly honor? Further, if it's Ed or I picking the winner, people might accuse us of choosing wrong, or stupid stuff like that. You get the idea.

Imagine if someone had to pick Bones for example, and Stevie didn't make the cut. Gold coins don't come up too often, and I'm sure he'd be dejected about not getting the honor.

In a perfect world, if everyone had the right attitude, I'd say it could work, however, it's one of those things that can open up many bad cans of worms. Again, I love the idea though. Have to think about this one for a bit. What does everyone else think? Come on now, don't be shy. Pipe the hell up.

Joe
That's why I suggested having a vote.  Have an open vote thread at the end of the month.  Every member gets a chance to vote, but can't vote for themself.  This month would be tough with 2 gold coins, but how often could that happen.  I don't know.  I think it would be fun.  What does everyone else think?
Interesting. What say everyone else?

Joe
PittsburghWill, Thank you very much for the comment, i would have to respectfully disagree with digger of the month, it does sound fun , and would be a great honor for any member, but we all know, it is all about location, i would be happy with luckiest guy of the month. i am lucky to have a great location to dig. but there are many other people who are out there digging every day, and working just as hard and making amazing finds . it would be difficult to decide who should own that title for the month as i don`t feel it should be based on gold or silver or age of finds, but on passion for the hobby, and in my opinion i would have a tough time picking a winner. we have many very passionate members who love this hobby.

I think everyone here is a winner ...

BONES ...
(09-22-2014 08:54 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]PittsburghWill, Thank you very much for the comment, i would have to respectfully disagree with digger of the month, it does sound fun , and would be a great honor for any member, but we all know, it is all about location, i would be happy with luckiest guy of the month. i am lucky to have a great location to dig. but there are many other people who are out there digging every day, and working just as hard and making amazing finds . it would be difficult to decide who should own that title for the month as i don`t feel it should be based on gold or silver or age of finds, but on passion for the hobby, and in my opinion i would have a tough time picking a winner. we have many very passionate members who love this hobby.

I think everyone here is a winner ...

BONES ...

I actually like the idea, Bones, however, as I stated, it would have to be done fairly. Another thing is...

Again, just for example, you & Stevie with the gold coins. If there was an open thread where people were picking winners, and you could see their choices, I think that could be problematic. Imagine if Stevie saw Will go in & put in a vote for Bones. Sure, most people would take it in stride, however, that's MOST people, not all people.

Complicated.

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's