Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Apologies...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been out on a few hunts the last couple of weeks, and haven't posted anything, sorry. Thing is...

I'm doing the video with my Mobius now. Used to be, I came home, cleaned the finds up, took some pics & threw up a post. Not anymore. There's normally a lot of video to wade through when I get home, then I have to cut it down, edit it, render the files, upload it, etc. It's a process! So...

I have another video I'm doing now of my last couple of hunts. Be up in a day or two. Nothing to set the world on fire, so, don't lose sleep! Lol.

Just wanted to apologize for not being as active lately, and to let y'all know I haven't retired from digging! Tongue

Joe
Looking forward to the new video.
the way you pull that silver, i am sure you have some amazing stuff to show .

how are you liking that Mobius ... i need to look into some kind of head mounting cam.
if i only had four arms i would be ok ...

BONES ...
I feel your pain!!  Videos are really kind of a pain in the @$$.  They take longer than the actual hunt!!    Happy
(09-23-2014 07:25 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]I feel your pain!!  Videos are really kind of a pain in the @$$.  They take longer than the actual hunt!!    Happy

AMEN!!! It truly is a LOT of work. I get home exhausted after swinging, with every bone in my body aching, and almost dread the thought of spending hours hunched over a computer pecking at keys. So, it gets put off. Delayed. On the back burner. Then, when I finally feel inspired & my creative juices are flowing, and it ultimately gets done, my 'latest' video is of a hunt from two weeks ago...and I've been out detecting 5 times since then...with yet MORE footage to edit from THOSE hunts! Lol. It's like the Seinfeld bit about the never-ending cotton in a bottle of aspirin Happy

Joe
I am very old school. I do videos off the cuff. Mostly about work and how to repair irrigation stuff, battery terminals on golf carts, check the oil, rewind pull string small engine starters, run and operate the striping machines, blah, blah, blah! High school kids are generally real mechanical dumb asses. Except for the girls??? They have the ability. I don't edit them, add music, or any of that crap. Take it or leave it. Hey, I'm not Spielberg, never will be. I would rather be detecting. When I start doing videos of my hunts, you're going to have an eye opener for sure. 30 minutes of farting, belching, swearing, mumbling to myself, pissing on trees, (Nitrogen fertilization), and generally wandering about like the 12 in the woods and fields of NE Ohio. If I find something, well that'll be a kick. If not, you'll at least enjoy yourself watching "me" go through what you do, but in a different way. Nice videos Joe!

PC is not my style!

Ed
The videos are great Joe.  Og and I have been eyeballing a hillside to detect.  Then I watched your video about hillsides and Ray suggested I get the boy out to a place likely to have lots of coins.  I think we'll be hitting that hillside this weekend.  I hope it pans out.
I've not tried the making and editing videos thing yet.  Could be coming soon though.  Stay tuned.
This is my 1000th post.  What comes after posting freak?
i admire the folks who make ..hunt vids ....iv thought about it many times
but ..ill be honest i just cant be bothered ( plus i find nothing lol). i think
as you said buddy ...it the editing ect after that puts me off doing them.

so for you who do ..i say well done and keep them coming and thx  YesYes
As nomis stated, I do admire all the people that make vids for the viewing pleasure of complete strangers, whether for yoru hobby or work. .  I have always been extremely low key and the very thought of throwing together a video. Just not going to happen.
Keep making those vid., love watching them from the privacy of my little cubby hole.
(09-25-2014 09:16 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I am very old school. I do videos off the cuff. Mostly about work and how to repair irrigation stuff, battery terminals on golf carts, check the oil, rewind pull string small engine starters, run and operate the striping machines, blah, blah, blah!  High school kids are generally real mechanical dumb asses. Except for the girls??? They have the ability. I don't edit them, add music, or any of that crap. Take it or leave it. Hey, I'm not Spielberg, never will be. I would rather be detecting. When I start doing videos of my hunts, you're going to have an eye opener for sure. 30 minutes of farting, belching, swearing, mumbling to myself, pissing on trees, (Nitrogen fertilization), and generally wandering about like the 12 in the woods and fields of NE Ohio. If I find something, well that'll be a kick. If not, you'll at least enjoy yourself watching "me" go through what you do, but in a different way. Nice videos Joe!

PC is not my style!

Ed

Now that may be a video worth watching show the real detecting the ups and downs and all in between, no glorification the junk we all dig to get to the good stuff and the true  excitement when something exceptional pops out of a plug.
I guess I can wait a day or two to see your videos. They are always very good. I wouldn't have the time or the skill's to put one together, old school for me.
Reference URL's