Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: BONES IS PUTTING US TO SHAME!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How the hell are we supposed to compete with him/the finds he makes on a daily basis basically!?

Shit man - I feel great when I dig a worn out/corroded Large cent from the 1850s out of a field from time to time 

but him and HIS finds and the frequency of which he finds them??

Makes a guy wanna just shove the detector/s in the closet and just forget about it!!

Sorry Joe if this post doesn't belong here - feel free to move it to wherever it should be if I'm out of line at all

I just had to say something/get this off my chest!!
Wayne. This isn't a competition amongst us all. It's a show of discovery for each of us. Whether we pull a 1909 Wheat, a pile of clad, the occasional silver, (seated or rosie) a piece of gold, a historic button, or an 18th century copper, all of it is important, to the finder and to the group. It shows all of us what is out there. Bones just happens to be in a really good site for really old historic stuff. As many of the group sometimes are. The game is played by the search and the mystery of what is there waiting. Bones is showing us the potential of what that mystery is. That's all. He one one lucky &*% but hooray for him.

Ed
(09-24-2014 09:29 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell are we supposed to compete with him/the finds he makes on a daily basis basically!?

Shit man - I feel great when I dig a worn out/corroded Large cent from the 1850s out of a field from time to time 

but him and HIS finds and the frequency of which he finds them??

Makes a guy wanna just shove the detector/s in the closet and just forget about it!!

Sorry Joe if this post doesn't belong here - feel free to move it to wherever it should be if I'm out of line at all

I just had to say something/get this off my chest!!

I am no better than anyone, and detecting is not a competition, i am just lucky to have a good little hole to dig in, the truth is MRH, i truly enjoy everyones finds, no matter the age, no matter if its gold silver or a zinc penny. when it becomes a competition it no longer becomes fun, and that is what i dig for, because i love doing it ... and i enjoy it ... and everyone should dig for that same reason ...
i comment on every single find that anyone posts, it does not matter what it is, what the value, or the age, everyone deserves a pat on the back for their efforts, and i honestly feel that. i love this great hobby, and you do to, that`s why you dig to. dont loose sight of that passion ....

BONES ...
(09-24-2014 09:43 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne. This isn't a competition amongst us all. It's a show of discovery for each of us. Whether we pull a 1909 Wheat, a pile of clad, the occasional silver, (seated or rosie) a piece of gold, a historic button, or an 18th century copper, all of it is important, to the finder and to the group. It shows all of us what is out there. Bones just happens to be in a really good site for really old historic stuff. As many of the group sometimes are. The game is played by the search and the mystery of what is there waiting. Bones is showing us the potential of what that mystery is. That's all. He one one lucky &*% but hooray for him.

Ed

Yeah - I know

BUT!

Still!!

Hits a guys jealous bone in the sensitive spot! lol

(09-24-2014 09:47 PM)I am no better than anyone, and detecting is not a competition, i am just lucky to have a good little hole to dig in, the truth is MRH,  i truly enjoy everyones finds, no matter the age, no matter if its gold silver or a zinc penny. when it becomes a competition it no longer becomes fun, and that is what i dig for, because i love doing it  ... and i enjoy it ... and everyone should dig for that same reason ... Wrote: [ -> ]i comment on every single find that anyone posts, it does not matter what it is, what the value, or the age, everyone deserves a pat on the back for their efforts, and i honestly feel that.  i love this great hobby, and you do to, that`s why you dig to. dont loose sight of that passion ....

BONES ...

I hear ya bones

I just thought I'd stir things up a bit here!

I've been in this hobby longer than many of the guys that do it these days have been alive!

I too have found my share of "good/old/historical" stuff and even a $5 gold Indian piece (looking for #2 to show up soon)!

I once found an original Bar Copper (or bar cent) some call em in an old logging camp and sold it for $3500 at auction (it was very nice)!

I love this hobby so much so that it's out lasted 2 ex wives!

And speaking of "ex wives"

I'm working on "3xs a charm" here!

Just bought this for the little woman :-)

DESCRIPTION:
2.67 TCW Radiant Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Split 18k White Gold Shank H/VS-2

This diamond engagement ring features a 1.75 carat H color VS2 clarity radiant cut center diamond accented by 102 F color VS1/VS2 clarity 0.92 carat round diamonds in channel setting. The 18k white gold band presents the main diamond impeccably.

Sale Price for the month of September only: $6,499.00

Original Price $7,995.00

And here's the little woman that will be sporting the ring on her hand as soon as it's sized and arrives ;-)
(09-24-2014 09:47 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2014 09:43 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne. This isn't a competition amongst us all. It's a show of discovery for each of us. Whether we pull a 1909 Wheat, a pile of clad, the occasional silver, (seated or rosie) a piece of gold, a historic button, or an 18th century copper, all of it is important, to the finder and to the group. It shows all of us what is out there. Bones just happens to be in a really good site for really old historic stuff. As many of the group sometimes are. The game is played by the search and the mystery of what is there waiting. Bones is showing us the potential of what that mystery is. That's all. He one one lucky &*% but hooray for him.

Ed

Yeah - I know

BUT!

Still!!

Hits a guys jealous bone in the sensitive spot! lol

(09-24-2014 09:47 PM)I am no better than anyone, and detecting is not a competition, i am just lucky to have a good little hole to dig in, the truth is MRH,  i truly enjoy everyones finds, no matter the age, no matter if its gold silver or a zinc penny. when it becomes a competition it no longer becomes fun, and that is what i dig for, because i love doing it  ... and i enjoy it ... and everyone should dig for that same reason ... Wrote: [ -> ]i comment on every single find that anyone posts, it does not matter what it is, what the value, or the age, everyone deserves a pat on the back for their efforts, and i honestly feel that.  i love this great hobby, and you do to, that`s why you dig to. dont loose sight of that passion ....

BONES ...

I hear ya bones

I just thought I'd stir things up a bit here!

I've been in this hobby longer than many of the guys that do it these days have been alive!

I too have found my share of "good/old/historical" stuff and even a $5 gold Indian piece (looking for #2 to show up soon)!

I once found an original Bar Copper (or bar cent) some call em in an old logging camp and sold it for $3500 at auction (it was very nice)!

I love this hobby so much so that it's out lasted 2 ex wives!

And speaking of "ex wives"

I'm working on "3xs a charm" here!

Just bought this for the little woman :-)

DESCRIPTION:
2.67 TCW Radiant Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Split 18k White Gold Shank H/VS-2

This diamond engagement ring features a 1.75 carat H color VS2 clarity radiant cut center diamond accented by 102 F color VS1/VS2 clarity 0.92 carat round diamonds in channel setting. The 18k white gold band presents the main diamond impeccably.

Sale Price for the month of September only: $6,499.00

Original Price $7,995.00

And here's the little woman that will be sporting the ring on her hand as soon as it's sized and arrives ;-)
Hey she is better looking than any Reale I've ever seen. Beer
To hell with that ring, where dig you dig up that treasure on the left ..
you got you one hot momma there . you better get that ring on her finger real fast.
or i may just shoot up there in drag and knock on your door ... im 140 wet got a great figure ... and i can always get some fake breastisists ...

very nice lady, and the ring looks good too. but kinda paled by the beauty on the left .

Happy hunting my friend. but it looks like you already found your pot`o gold ...

BONES ...
I gave up after 4. 2 are dead, natural causes, one is a writer, and my current #4 can't keep up with me. Nice take MRH. Next buy her a detector so she can be with you all the time!

Ed
(09-24-2014 10:57 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I gave up after 4. 2 are dead, natural causes, one is a writer, and my current #4 can't keep up with me. Nice take MRH. Next buy her a detector so she can be with you all the time!

Ed

LoL

I offered to buy her one - she LAUGHED!

She's a "girly girl" and you couldn't pay her to go diggin in the dirt! Big Grin

She thinks there's something wrong with me for having the "addiction" --- says I'm "weird"! 

She doesn't turn down any really good rings/jewelry I find though - so how does that work!?
(09-24-2014 11:11 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2014 10:57 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I gave up after 4. 2 are dead, natural causes, one is a writer, and my current #4 can't keep up with me. Nice take MRH. Next buy her a detector so she can be with you all the time!

Ed

LoL

I offered to buy her one - she LAUGHED!

She's a "girly girl" and you couldn't pay her to go diggin in the dirt! Big Grin

She thinks there's something wrong with me for having the "addiction" --- says I'm "weird"! 

She doesn't turn down any really good rings/jewelry I find though - so how does that work!?

Got me a little treasure as well, but mine often follows me detecting and plugs my holes for me, that way i can dig faster and keep moving, she lifts weights daily, i should have her digging , and me plugging holes ... Think Tongue
No way Wayne,shes out of your league! haha
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's