Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I was surpised
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I seen where they was widening a road and I thought the fill dirt would be full of trash so I detected in it. I didnt find much I guess they sift it. I figured it would be perfect with soft soil and many targets it was clean.
Yeah that is surprising.
woulda been nice to hit it before the fill dirt. may have produced more for you out the old dirt below ...

Happy Hunting

BONES ...
it is swamp land coverd in water I just felt sure it would be a lot of junk to practice on.
Swamp land !!! sounds like some of my spots in Florida, what state are you hunting.
i make some fair finds in the woods, they can be some very productive spots.
best of luck on the hunt ...

BONES ...
Sam, that is a surprise. They must be getting the dirt from some real old area. I've done them myself but I've only ever found clad. A lot of the cities will make arrangements with contractors doing construction work in the area to take their project tailing for projects the city is working on. One city here has a hospital going up on a remote corner which was all wooded. The contractor took all the dirt it excavated to a site where the city wanted to make a sledding hill in one of the parks. I went over not only the piles of dirt dumped by the tandems, but also the stuff they graded and made the hill out of and came up with about a buck in clad for 10 hours of searching. Nice eye though. Maybe you'll have better luck on the next one. Bones is correct. Look for the excavation of the old roads, sidewalks and do them before they fill. Those can be some real jackpots!!

Ed
i live outside of little rock it is a good bit oflow land covered in water around here. I found what i did in woods.
you will get something next time just keep your eyes peeled for the original excavation siteĀ  and try that one never know what could be down deep.
Reference URL's