Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: today's haul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all this and a bucket load of fun
way to go , it start`s with a pull tab.
soon you`ll be pulling silver coins and relics like everyone else.
great job on your recoveries and finds...

H.H.
BONES ...
Good start.  You're finding metal, so you know your machine works.  Glad to hear you're having fun too.  That's what it's all about.  Remember the tempo-slow and low.
Looks alot like my haul today. Crap after crap and then finally....more crap. But sometimes even the crap can be useful. Sure beats sitting around watching tv.
Sam Sam Sam, you found a camp site!!!! Aluminum cup, does it have threading near the lip, might be from a thermos bottle. Tent stake is the flat thick curvy thingy. The J lag bolt is for hanging rope from trees, usually to support the center line of a big tent or tie the rope off for dressing a deer. Go back there and slow down and cover it criss cross. You may find more and maybe some old coins.

Ed
Looks like some of my finds.  You are ready for the good stuff now.
I remember getting an overload signal way back when, after getting into the hobby, and the manual said overload signals are big buried targets. So, I said to my buddy who was with me at the time, "It HAS to be a cache or container with coins. It MUST be, as the instructions said it's a large target. I mean, what else could it be?!?!".

Turned out to be a NY license plate about a foot down. Disappointed it wasn't buried treasure? Yes, but the addiction got me hard right there in that nanosecond.

We ALL dig junk. Everyday. Every hunt. Comes with the territory. The more junk you dig, the more goodies you'll find Wink

Joe
That is the truth ... you will dig 10 times the junk as you will the good stuff.
but as time goes on you will start to be able to better determine what is a good dig-able signal and what is trash. and sometimes as in my location, you have to dig the trash to get the good stuff hidden around it . but it is all part of the fun. just gotta keep at it, and like everyone else. the good finds will start to mount up and you`ll have an impressive collection ...

I look forward to seeing it grow ...
and always remember, your just one beep away from your next big find ...

H.H.

BONES ....
Reference URL's