Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Meager Field Finds Compared to Bones Finds!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

got out to an old Brothel site with the CTX --- 1st field hunt of the season with her ;-)

Had to stay on the outside fringes of the field but still managed a few goodies - 

nothing earth shattering but still a good hunt with a few nice finds including a Fatty 1864 and a 1841 O Seated Dime ;-)

[Image: fldh001_zpsb09bd0f4.jpg]

[Image: fldh002_zpsde73e9e3.jpg]

[Image: fldh003_zps7bc3d79d.jpg]

[Image: fldh004_zpsa61729f1.jpg]

[Image: fldh006_zps641ad88f.jpg]

[Image: fldh005_zps542bbb8a.jpg]

[Image: fldh009_zps8440ea67.jpg]

[Image: fldh008_zps8ec261d8.jpg]

[Image: fldh007_zps407bdb69.jpg]

[Image: fldh014_zps3abc8bbc.jpg]

[Image: fldh012_zpse75f52dd.jpg]

[Image: fldh013_zps6d392c1d.jpg]

[Image: fldh011_zps344ccc0e.jpg]

[Image: fldh010_zpsd6c7ca8d.jpg]
A 41 O seated dime and a 64 IH! Meager field finds? What are you, kidding? I'd give my left nut for finds like that on one trip. (I don't use it for anything anyway.) Nice hunt there Wayne!!

Ed
Ummm. Yeah, those pretty much suck.  

I'd love to see what a non-meager hunt looks like for you. 
I think that's a damn good hunt!
Gotta love them brothels, huh, Wayne?! Wink Tongue Yeah, I agree with the others...

Stop being so goddamned modest...it's a SEATED! Nice pull Yes

So, I'm guessing like us here in NJ your prime hunting season has arrived, yes? From September through November/December is aces around these parts. Overgrowth dies out, lower temps/humidity, etc.

Joe
HOLY SHYT !!! just walked in the door, dude are you kidding, those are awesome finds, holy shit again ... man not only did you pull a silver seated but one of my all time favorite US coins the awesome injun ... those are bad ass.
but those brass or copper binoculars are PHUKIN SWEET .....
and what is that buckle looking thingy . that looks pretty cool . interesting find. have you been able to id what it may be ...

that is one major big field, im sure there`s a bunch more to hunt. and with the age of the finds your getting out of there, i would bet there is quite a few more goodies in the dirt ...

as for the Boneman ... i went out detector free today, did some exploring through the woods, and went back over my areas making sure all my old holes had not sunk to bad due to the rain, flatted out a few spots to clean them up and basically just fixed up my hunting area a bit ... no pots of gold or silver coins for the bonedaddy today .

those are some awesome finds MRH
hit that field hard, looks like a sweet spot ....

H.H.

BONES ...
Those are some awesome coins man.  You don't want to see what i found today.  Seriously it would be a waste of internet usage.
(09-27-2014 09:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta love them brothels, huh, Wayne?! Wink Tongue Yeah, I agree with the others...

Stop being so goddamned modest...it's a SEATED! Nice pull Yes

So, I'm guessing like us here in NJ your prime hunting season has arrived, yes? From September through November/December is aces around these parts. Overgrowth dies out, lower temps/humidity, etc.

Joe

Thanks Joe

and yeah - it's just starting with the fall hunting season here Happy

mid/late Sept. til about Dec. usually works for us - (unless you're talkin last winter) which started in like Oct!

(09-27-2014 09:34 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]HOLY SHYT !!!   just walked in the door, dude are you kidding, those are awesome, finds, holy shit again ... man not only did you pull a silver seated but one of my all time favorite US coins the awesome injun ... those are bad ass.
but those brass or copper binoculars are PHUKIN SWEET .....
and what is that buckle looking thingy . that looks pretty cool . interesting find. have you been able to id what it may be ...

that is on major big field, im sure there`s a bunch more to hunt. and with the age of the finds your getting out of there, i would bet there is quite a few more goodies in the dirt ...

as for the Boneman ... i went out detector free today, did some exploring through the woods, and went back over my areas making sure all my old holes had not sunk to bad due to the rain, flatted out a few spots to clean them up and basically just fixed up my hunting area a bit ... no pots of gold or silver coins for the bonedaddy today .

those are some awesome finds MRH
hit that field hard, looks like a sweet spot ....

H.H.

BONES ...

Thanks Bones ;-)

I've hit this place hard over 3 seasons now but she still keeps ":giving"! I've pulled a lot of good stuff from this place in a short time. a really NICE 2 cent piece, 5 or 6 Injuns (2 fatty's) countless 1910's wheats, some mercs, a barber 1/4, a nice 1860s heart shaped lock, toe taps, heel plates, several buttons including a nice civil war cuff, a few buckles, the stuff today and more ;-)

The binoculars I believe are brass and that "buckle thing" is what I believe is called a "cinch buckle" -- used to strap stuff to horses and then they pulled/cinched it with a leather strap thru the buckle to keep the load secure ;-)

I like finding them - each one is a bit diff than the last and always a welcome find ;-)

I'll be hitting it again soon and even better - there's a field across the street I'm waiting to hunt that the town hall used to sit in (1850s) but I have to wait til the corn comes out!

Can't wait to see YOUR next set of finds!

HH
those are some nice finds.  wish i found anything like those coins.
(09-27-2014 07:32 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]A 41 O seated dime and a 64 IH! Meager field finds? What are you, kidding? I'd give my left nut for finds like that on one trip. (I don't use it for anything anyway.) Nice hunt there Wayne!!

Ed

Yep = "kidding" Ohio ;-)

More or less jousting with Bones!

Funny schit man = "give yer left nut" cuz you don't use it for anything!
Nice Scores!!  Gotta love old US silver!!  This is the US right!!??  Who needs that Spanish Shit!!  Wink

Well Ok  -- I like that Spanish Silver as well!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's