Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #36 & 37, A deuce in the hole!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Winding up the weekend I decided to stop by an old park pretty late and take my trail ideas a wandering there. I wasted half an hour staying close to the picnic area digging some clad and then decided to go off the beaten path. After about 20 minutes of searching I hit another clad quarter and was about to wrap it up when I decided to go swinging around just another five minutes before the wife starts to call out the cops to go find my ass, cause I left my phone in the truck! I hit this crazy signal that's giving me tone but the numbers are jumping all over the place. By this time its getting dark, I have the back light on to see the numbers and they're 1-29, 8-28, 3-27, 1-28, 3-29, 4-29, and after I get myself clear of the brush, to swing it wide, I got a spot about 8" wide with numbers all over the place but tone to pray for. So I dig it. Out pops a 34 Merc first. I reswing, solid 3-27 targeted, in the hole, out pops a 1903 Barber dime. Reswing the hole, out pops 2 wheats. Holy shit a pocket spill!! Reswings came up empty. I am a happy swinger!!! And by now, it's flashlight time!

The horse shoe is from Friday. My new detectorist buddy found it and I checked the signal and dug it out. He's learning his old machine and getting back into the swing of things after four years. We had a great time but he didn't want it. The thing is big enough to be for a Clydesdale and we found it along a bridle trail that was once used by farmers to get to what was an old grinding mill about a mile down the road.

The little box with the alabaster decoration is copper and was found at 11". I don't know what is was for, there are no markings on it at all. The top was partly full of dirt and the bottom portion had some little black fuzzy things in it but I lost them in the tailings.

And the usual pile of clad and Cub Scout kerchief holder.

Have fun out there! The season is just beginning!! Happy Hunting!!!!!

Ed
HOLY SHEEP STUFF !!!
looks like you robbed an old time game machine ...
man that Barber is sweet and another Merc. nice catch. love the wheats as well.

but that old box is Flukkin badd ass. wonder what it was used for. looks to have a bit of age to it. that is a sweet little find. makes you wonder what was in it and why it was out in the woods. really really cool find.

and WTF, another neckerchief slip, your not running around beating up cub scouts are you, man you pull one of those almost weekly, that is wild...
those are gonna make a sweet display, like i said before, it would be really cool to date them and display those...

all around awesome finds ...

excellent hunt ... ( i got some magic beans today Happy )

H.H.

BONES ...
(09-28-2014 09:51 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]HOLY SHEEP STUFF !!!
looks like you robbed an old time game machine ...
man that Barber is sweet and another Merc. nice catch. love the wheats as well.

but that old box is Flukkin badd ass. wonder what it was used for. looks to have a bit of age to it. that is a sweet little find. makes you wonder what was in it and why it was out in the woods. really really cool find.

and WTF, another neckerchief slip, your not running around beating up cub scouts are you, man you pull one of those almost weekly, that is wild...
those are gonna make a sweet display, like i said before, it would be really cool to date them and display those...

all around awesome finds ...

excellent hunt ... ( i got some magic beans today Happy )

H.H.
BONES ...

BONES.... I'd been meaning to hit this park for the last couple of months and I have hit it last year with the Delta, but mostly the picnic area and it's so trashed I gave up. I'd never done it with the SE and I'm so glad I did with my new rules. But really, I was so tired when I got out of the truck there that I left my phone in the charger and headed out. That's a no no for me. I was dragging my ass about after already five hours of hunting, trying to stay cool with a slow swing but the Tylenol was wearing off and I really wanted to go home. I had no silver, a few nice items but my stubborn persistence paid off. I was literally on my knees with no pads on a 60 degree slope looking at the dates of the coins with my Ultra-fire LED 1000 lumen flashlight to see the dates. I am a very lucky SOB. My theory works in some places. And THANK YOU! There will be more to come as I only spent a little less than an hour there. And I'm beat and going to bed. After I do payroll. La, la la!!!!

Nice magic beans. Thunderstorms don't stop me. But I am careful!

Oh, btw, that is my first Barber dime!

Ed
can`t wait to see what else you pull up out there, from the looks of the stuff you already pulled up from that spot it should be quite nice.

if it wasn`t for the wife giving me the evil eye, i would have stayed out, theres not much out there that can keep me from detecting,
never did get a drop of rain.
i think the wife was just wanting to get home to that dip shit Dr Phil ...
its only a 15 to 30 minute walk to my detecting spot depending on which hole im hitting that day, so im never to far from home ...
the way i see it, the stuff has been in the ground for a few hundred years, it will be there tomorrow ...

and so will I ...

H.H.

BONES ...
Nice finds Ed. I love coin spills. GerryYes
very nice Ed" its great when you get multiple finds in one hole, great job
That's an awesome coin spill.  I'd be happy with a couple wheaties right about now.  Congrats on that first barber dime.  May you find many more.
Nice digs Ohio

cool box and love the barber stuff ;-)

HH
Nice barber dime. Congrats! I just got a 53 Rosie today,#102. Your catching up.
Reference URL's