Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: ETrac questions ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ETRAC QUESTIONS :
Every now and then i will get a fairly good yet tiny repeating signal
i am trying to hit those really faint blips. i will get them to repeat so i know there is a target there, yet when i pinpoint it will not lock on a target. it just vanishes, normally when pinpointing with other machines, i can pinpoint a target a mile away even if it is not detected while sweeping ... is there something i can do to get the E to lock on at better depths as it is loosing a few of those tiny targets when pinpointing. i am not hitting pinpoint over the target. but far to the side, with still nothing ...

really loving this Minelab, great machines ...

BONES ...
Thank you Dusty, i will give it a shot, still learning some of the ins and out of the Etrac,
i do want to look into the CTX 3030 soon, i love my E. and it has been working very well for me so far. the CTX is next on the list of toys ...
the area i am digging right now, every signal is usually a good target, it is the exact same spot i pulled the 5 1572 Mexico city reals and 2 1767 reals. the most modern target in this spot so far was the 1853 gold dollar . all within a 40 foot square zone ...
as far as trash goes, the fired lead round balls are about it, so every target so far is a keeper. so i don`t want to pass up anything that beeps, just wish once it beeps, it would pinpoint ...
i keep getting faint signals that are in the 10: 11: 12:`s and then pinpoint and poof gone. i have been running the sens at Man-24 . past few days in coin mode though...
i will open it up and run it that way see what i get .

thank you for the help and tips.
i could sure use any anyone can throw at me ...
Thank you very much MRH good info... i am using the standard coil that came with it, i need to pick up a smaller one, and like you said, go back over every inch again ... Sad
just when you think your making ground ... ...

BONES ...
Reference URL's