Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: small dig after work this morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was doing what Bones learing my Machine the first four Targets was dead on dug right to them then My stupid digging tool bent and i coyldnt find anything else . What is a good digging tool or knife?
The Lesche is considered the best digger.  If you want one a little less expensive and just as tough if not tougher check out the Sunjoe Hori Hori knife.  Search it on walmart site.  They are $14.  Super tough digger.  Cuts through soil like butter.
It seemed when I had all metàl on no disc the pinpoint was better but i had a lot of noise like every foot was foil I turned the disc knob a fraction and the noise was gone but the pinpoint was not as accurate.

thanks pitsburghwill I seen both on ebay.
Great job, got a few good digs in there.
the little yellow car piece is pretty neat..
what is the big object on the right side, kinda looks like a
car ignition switch.

nice job digging, looks like your having fun.
if you havent already, swing that BH nice and slow around your yard and the sides of your drive way, i pulled up a babies gold ring 15 feet from my front door a month or so ago. you`ll be surprised what others have dropped ...

your doing great ...

H.H.

BONES ...
Your pinpoint accuracy will be thrown off by other metal objects.  Like you said you disced out foil.  If you disc out something it will still pick it up in pinpoint mode.  Pinpoint is all metal.  If you hit on something that is close to foil or other junk that is disced out and the junk is shallower the detector will hit the shallower target stronger when you pinpoint.
Thanks Pitsburghwill so the disc knob only elemenates the sound reading. That makes sense
Yes.  When you use discrimination you are just choosing not to know something is there.  The detector sees everything.  It just doesn't report it to you if you choose to disc it out.  Also when you disc things out you will still get false signals from junk items.  Like a rusty old nail can give a little high tone when you swing over it a certain way.  If you have iron disced out then you will only hear that high blip and not the low iron sound.  I prefer to use very little or no disc and let my ears sort it out.  The best discriminator is between your ears.
The more you get out, the more knowledge you gain. THAT is infinitely more important than any find in the beginning, as it helps build your mental library of tones, VDI's, depths, ground conditions, etc. So, dig it ALL for the next few months Yes

Joe
Reference URL's