Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Good news for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was at the Police station today and I asked the dept about our local laws concerning our Hoby and our public parks is open for me and one of them has a frezzbie Golf range oh the possiblites..
I hate the frisbee golf.  They are always throwing things at you while you're swinging.  It's fun to play though.
I don`t do coppers, they give me the heeby jeebies ...
but great, should be a fun place to detect.
get out there and detect it nice and slow.

Best of luck ...
H.H.

BONES ...
It is good that all the parks are open to you.  It's the same here with all the city parks and we have alot of them.  Some places aren't so lucky.
I was already there so I asked. My thing on the Histoy  side of the Argument is if an item is in the ground what good is it? It tells a story when it is found the preservation society say if its 100 years old it must be left in the ground  sounds stupid to me. The treasure tells the story after it is found. What is the reasoning of leaving it there?
(09-29-2014 04:34 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]I don`t do coppers, they give me the heeby jeebies ...

Best of luck ...
H.H.

BONES ...

No offense, and bear in mind that I have coppers in my family, but, I can't stand them either. With a burning, flaming passion I might add Big Grin 99.9 percent of the ones I've ever met (including the ones in my family) are arrogant, egotistical bullies. Most of them aren't too bright either. I have more respect for a dead fly stuck in a hot pile of shit in the middle of the ghetto than a lazy pig just looking to sit in a cruiser for 20 years until they can get their fat pensions. Firefighters on the other hand...

Good guys. REAL heroes. Humble. Helpful. Consider this...

Fact. Most police officers can go their entire career without ever drawing their gun. A firefighter has to run INTO flames almost every day Yes

Joe
What story is that?

(09-29-2014 05:33 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2014 04:34 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]I don`t do coppers, they give me the heeby jeebies ...

Best of luck ...
H.H.

BONES ...

No offense, and bear in mind that I have coppers in my family, but, I can't stand them either. With a burning, flaming passion I might add Big Grin 99.9 percent of the ones I've ever met (including the ones in my family) are arrogant, egotistical bullies. Most of them aren't too bright either. I have more respect for a dead fly stuck in a hot pile of shit in the middle of the ghetto than a lazy pig just looking to sit in a cruiser for 20 years until they can get their fat pensions. Firefighters on the other hand...

Fact. Most police officers can go their entire career without ever drawing their gun. A firefighter has to run INTO flames almost every day Yes

Joe
I agree.  Firefighters risk there lives regularly.  Police rarely do.  I actually think police probably draw their guns more than necessary, but they rarely fire them.  I've had guns drawn on me by bad guys and cops.
(09-29-2014 05:50 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]What story is that?

(09-29-2014 05:33 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Best of luck ...
H.H.

BONES ...

Joe
I agree.  Firefighters risk there lives regularly.  Police rarely do.  I actually think police probably draw their guns more than necessary, but they rarely fire them.  I've had guns drawn on me by bad guys and cops.

Will, I absolutely HATE when someone paints any subject with a broad brush (as I did above), however, based on my PERSONAL experiences over the years (which is the only thing I can go on), my thoughts/feelings that I expressed are the only conclusion I can come to. Again, are all cops bad? Definitely not. Yet, by far, the vast majority I've come in contact with - both professionally & personally - tended to be major douches. I understand it takes a certain 'toughness' to do that job. A form of role playing at the highest level, but, that doesn't have to equate with acting like a thuggish brute.

The term 'hero' gets bandied about a lot when it comes to our public servants. The reality is though, most municipal workers take those jobs based upon the exceptional benefits & salary potential. Nothing more. A ticket to the upper middle class & cushy retirement. I would venture to guess only a VERY slim minority actually become a police officer with the honest intention/love of upholding public order and decency.

I value ANY individual who risks his/her life for the sake of our country; soldier, cop, fireman, etc. Yet, it doesn't give someone the right to be a prick Wink

P.S. - Watch a movie called "Serpico". True story. Now THAT was a cop who loved his job, and wanted to protect the people from from wrongdoing. We need more like him!
Joe
Good luck with your park hunts ...always amazed you can detect park land over there ......would have a field day of we could here...

GL&HH
Simon
Reference URL's