Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Best Surface Find Yet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah Ya gotta read the whole story first....[Image: blink.gif]
Had the chance, and took it to get out yesterday evening with a fellow club member JP. 
A Victorian Era Farm House built in the the 1850's was on the menu, the last occupant moved out in the Late 40's.
We scored some nice relics & about 6 Wheaties early and 1 "cool" Indian Head an 1859. 
Knowing the history of the house from the land owner, I told JP with the amount of Girls that grew up in this house we have got to find a Thimble. I always see them dug up on YouTube videos, and I have yet to find one. Well within 10 mins. JP digs up a Silver one. Wish now I'd said, we have got to find the Gold cache soon. "Damn Hind-site".
And now the good part....With nothing but wheats and the IH in the pocket, I knew we were in the silver years of coins. We both were working the front of the house in what would be a great spot to tie up a horse & buggy, or driveway. It was very rocky and shallow digging for the most part targets where "2-3 inches". I look over and see what looks like a aluminum disk. Hadn't even ran the coil over it yet. But when I did, I knew it wasn't Aluminum. I kicked it a bit with the coil and could make out a faint outline of a star & seated lady. I sat down and took a picture and still wasn't sure if I was really seeing it just laying there. With shaking hands and a few "Thank You Baby Jesus's"; I "picked up" my first Seated Lady.
Just before we left at dusk, I suggested I move the truck back, and JP hit that. In that spot alone, He scored another wheat & his "first" silver, a 24 Merc.
Man I love this Hobby!
HH all ya all.
Congrats on the Seated lady!
Thank You...
WOWSERS !!! i feel like i was ripped off, who needs to spend 2 grand on a detector when you can just find seateds laying on the ground .. man that is a sweet find ...
if those are laying on the top, just think of whats under the dirt ...

very nice catch ..

H.H.

BONES ...
Wow.  That's amazing.  Can't be many of those laying on the surface.  Great finds.
Thanks I was quite amazed & in shock. It was good couple of minutes before I picked it up. I had to show my hunting buddy first.
The dirt under the Quarter was maybe 1/2 deep before you would hit rock. I'm thinkin the heavy rains we had a couple days back might have exposed it. 
Eeek! an exposed lady, don't look Ethel...
That's a HELL of a surface find Yes Some guys never find a seated, or go years in-between finding them if they do, so, finding one smack dab on top of the ground is SWEET Happy Congrats on your 1st Big Grin Dancing Party Cake

Joe
Man Agil, what a great find, on top or not. I was just saying to BONES that I agreed with Joe's statement about Operator and Location being the Hallmarks of a great detectorist. I guess we can add really good vision to the list too. Congratulations on your first seated!!! Yes And tell JP congrats on his first silver and first MERC! I love MERCS!!!!!

Ed
Holy Sh@t!  Surface Seated?  Sweet.  
Great find.
congratulations on the seated. pound that dite,bet theres lots more!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's