Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: FINALLY SOME SILVER! #1 OF THE YEAR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't been posting anything lately because my finds have been a little lack-lustre. Lots of axe heads, spoons, bullets and other common finds but finally i found something silver! This is the very first silver of the year. That includes coins, jewellery and any other things that could be silver. I found it in a pasture that used to be the first homesite on my road. The road is literally named after who lived there. To make this find even better the thing has someones initials on it however they don't match those of anyone who lived on that property. In addition to that, the target was one of those "ok, last dig for the night" digs, which are never anything good but tonight it was very different than usual. Needless to say but I couldn't be happier with my first and probably only piece of silver in 2014.
HH
Man Eric that spoon is in pretty good shape!!! Congrat's on your FIRST SILVER!!YesYesYes And the Hallmarks are outstanding!!!! Can't wait until you get the maker and the years!

Ed
That's awesome!  Have you researched the marks yet?  Very cool find!
Thanks guys! Ive tried looking up the hallmarks but i can't get a date. Anyone on here know anything about them ?
Very nice Yes
Very nice find .
Love digging the old silver spoons.

BONES ...
Try this site Eric:

http://www.925-1000.com/index.html

Pretty comprehensive list from worldwide silversmiths and goes way back.

Ed
That's an awesome spoon.  Great find.
That's a FANTASTIC spoon!!! Beautiful hallmark, too. If you're gonna dig a silver anything, THAT'S the one to dig Yes Persistence DOES indeed pay off!

Joe
Like I always say - Silver in any forum is great to find . Way to go on your first piece.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's